Played for the first time in a while...

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Played for the first time in a while...

Post by Jiffy » Thu 26 May , 2016 11:40 pm

I played for an hour-ish on the bw server. I did enjoy it, but a few things struck me that were different to older times :
- the click-to-respawn after thawing feels like a useless feature to me, all it does is delay the game further.
- Campers with deployed MGs on sandbags are a thing, is there still a Camper warning? Or is that being semi "abused"?
- After a few rounds, everyone pretty much has killstreaks, which becomes really tedious for people without. I know it's a killstreak weapon, but 6+ people on a team with a G5 is extreme.

Another thing is the respawn after thaw thing. I understand why firing will remove the respawn delay, but that feels like a killer in the middle of a firefight.

These are just my opinions to share. Could do with some discussion on the subjects given though.

Greedisgood

Re: Played for the first time in a while...

Post by Greedisgood » Fri 27 May , 2016 12:27 am

- the click-to-respawn after thawing feels like a useless feature to me, all it does is delay the game further.
Its there for those who really dont want to be farmed on respawn by a group of campers. For everyone else its like a second of delay tops. Lets you wait for the enemy to get distracted or coordinate the spawn with nearby teammates -> less frozen camping.
- Campers with deployed MGs on sandbags are a thing, is there still a Camper warning? Or is that being semi "abused"?
The camping mechanic got changed a little, now you are not getting warnings if the teammate is looking at you. These guys are only an issue if you dont know they are there and they usually have to invest into it. Grenades, penetrating weps and backstabing are always there if you want to get rid of them.
- After a few rounds, everyone pretty much has killstreaks, which becomes really tedious for people without. I know it's a killstreak weapon, but 6+ people on a team with a G5 is extreme.
Its kind of rare actually, mostly happens when one team is dominating. KS1 is not that much stronger than a generic wep anyway. Longhorn can be nearly as dangerous as G5 for example.
Another thing is the respawn after thaw thing. I understand why firing will remove the respawn delay, but that feels like a killer in the middle of a firefight.
Getting few seconds of invulnerable shooting in the middle of a firefight is a little bit too much, especially minding that the combat doesnt restrict thawing. The players who got the initial kill would end up in disadvantage in certain scenarios. Thaw protection is there for you to get further from the hot spots and start playing from a good position.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Re: Played for the first time in a while...

Post by Jiffy » Sat 28 May , 2016 12:33 pm

Yeah, those seem fair.
The camping thing is an issue because of the weps like the M353 and the other Heavy MG (M925?) and their power in relation to their firerate. iirc 3 shots of that M925 is a killer...
Talking of damage, was the damage ratio increased? Because I don't remember things being that way, unless my Offline mode has been on a lower damage ratio this whole time...