12%
I only want OLDZ
35%

Total votes: 26

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Megafun

Post by bOnO » Mon 08 Feb , 2016 4:11 pm

iRobot wrote:Why not just have biweekly events? OLDZ on the 1st weekend, Megafun on the 3rd? Everyone wins that way.
Worth a try IMO.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 08 Feb , 2016 11:24 pm

iRobot wrote:Why not just have biweekly events? OLDZ on the 1st weekend, Megafun on the 3rd? Everyone wins that way.

+ Some people enjoy playing both and having both enabled is a bit of a drawback. This allows them to get more for their time.
+ Those who dislike OLDZ and Megafun can simply vote the other gametype, they are not forced to choose one of the two.
+ Shortens the large period of time between special events. Creates a more lively community feel rather than the once a month event which promotes a stagnated feel.
I sort of don't understand what is the issue we're trying to solve in the first place.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:If we have to have 'megafun', can we not just have a separate weekend for it? We don't often enable it for two reasons: a) it kills the population, as players get frustrated at others basecamping
If there is a significant portion of players not wanting Megafun, how would having a separate weekend for help it, which is likely to lead in more Megafun race?

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 08 Feb , 2016 11:44 pm

The issue isn't the popularity of megafun, because I appreciate plenty of players enjoy it; we just prefer to play oldz, and as we only get three days maximum of these maps every month, we find the voting of megafun tedious.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 09 Feb , 2016 11:26 am

Izumo you're making the mistake of thinking the OLDZ crowd are the same people as the Megafun crowd ;'D'D

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 12 Feb , 2016 11:42 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:The issue isn't the popularity of megafun, because I appreciate plenty of players enjoy it; we just prefer to play oldz, and as we only get three days maximum of these maps every month, we find the voting of megafun tedious.
Ah, so in fact the root cause is "moar OLDZ" :)

Well, the forum poll isn't in favour of not enabling Megafun during OLDZ weekend, but perhaps you can try having megafun only on the third weekend.

dildo

Post by dildo » Wed 09 Mar , 2016 9:10 pm

hi everyone :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 10 Mar , 2016 9:50 am

hi

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Thu 10 Mar , 2016 7:15 pm

hey

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 04 Apr , 2016 1:12 pm

Any progression on having bi-weekly events? There didn't seem to be anyone against it.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 04 Apr , 2016 1:16 pm

Already been running for the past two months
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”