RACE-RainbowRace

For posting your maps.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE - NetherRace

Post by iRobot » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 2:25 pm

Would you be against adding a 3rd objective somewhere?

With it being 2 it's always loldrawgaim.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 3:27 pm

Or possibly cut obj 1 in half and make the second obj the other half of first. As of now obj 1 is about twice as long as obj 2.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 3:35 pm

Suppose that works too, kinda like Scorp Coaster. As long as there is a shortcut road so people can catch up.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 6:26 pm

Added another objective where the first 'teamwork shortcut' is, along with a shortcut which is activated after the objective has been completed (I could only find one reasonable route for this because the map is so cluttered). It makes part of the map redundant for those starting again between objective 1 and the shortcut (about 20 seconds worth of track), but it's no loss. I haven't been able to make the map more aesthetically pleasing (my own meshes are just simple 12 triangle affairs), but I think it's fun.

File for Version 3 with added Objective: http://www.mediafire.com/?skno6sua627law5 (again no static mesh files with this download, but can supply again if necessary).
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 17 Nov , 2013 10:05 pm

Sorry about this, but had to make a few adjustments following the run on the server. Basically, I forgot to put the 1st objective back to 'wheeled' after testing; in addition, the signing wasn't great and the majority of players went straight past the 1st and followed onto the 2nd. This has been fixed: there is now a straight path going over the 1st objective, and the old route bypassing the 1st objective has been deleted (it was redundant anyway, as the shortcut opened after the 1st objective bypassed this bypass).

I feel a bit guilty for noticing these just after uploading, sorry!

File: http://www.mediafire.com/?gfnz53yycb8a00h
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 25 Nov , 2013 1:58 pm

I couldn't find the shortcut to 2nd obj when 1st is done (ok

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 25 Nov , 2013 5:16 pm

You won't if you're still halfway to Obj 1; the shortcut opens up just after the first sequence of raised jumps, towards the start of the path. As you pass under the bridge and usually turn right into another sequence of jumps, that's where the shortcut is; the original path is blocked by a blue wall, and the new path opens up straight ahead.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 25 Nov , 2013 5:22 pm

Ah I didn't want to drive down 1 again as I thought that was the wrong way, so kinda just waited for 2nd to be done.

The colours make nothing obvious on this map :P

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 05 Dec , 2013 2:27 pm

Version 4: https://www.mediafire.com/?1ag3xbk7303oy4l

Due to the excess exploitation of the original track (oh, and because it was beyond ugly), I was advised to construct the track again. I found this an impossible task with the original layout, so I went a step further and created an entirely new track. I know some players enjoyed the original layout, so I'll apologise to them now, but there is a plausable reason: to recreate the track whilst accounting for all possible exploits would create an enormous (not to mention I didn't notice half the exploits) ... it wasn't feasible. I also felt there wasn't a great deal of variety in the map; it mainly 'jump, drive, jump, jump, drive'.

The new layout consists of three sections. They aren't particulary long, but they've added variety and some sections are moderately tricky. Teamwork garages have been added to take into the account the length of the map (I'd say, on average, a 10 - 12 minute map). I've tried to incorporate many of the features of the original map along the way. It looks a lot tidier; it's also tier-based, so I don't believe it's possible to exploit whatsoever. Have fun trying.

The map does have the loading screen that I believe Aza made? (thanks for making it, it looks really good! (= )

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 06 Dec , 2013 10:33 pm

Hmm, I'm confused. I asked some of the players about changing the track, and it turns out they actually like the original layout, and would rather it wasn't changed.

So I had a little search around for a new environment to place my new track in, and decided on a volcano theme. Preliminary attempts with the skybox only:

Would this be preferable to a new RainbowRace track, if the majority would rather the old track stay? Obviously the funky trees would have to go (might keep the mushrooms), a few more rocks added, a lava base; apart from that, the map is finished.

Just need some opinions really.