Two Unwheel Related Issues

Discuss the mod server here.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Two Unwheel Related Issues

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 11:09 am

I didn't want to clutter up the important thread about Unwheel, so decided to make a new one for these minor issues.

The first is this ping bug I seem to have:

I guessed this was a false ping, as most of the maps were fine (the exception was Germany, but I think that's just a laptop performance issue). However, I had a run around this morning on Igneous and it definately wasn't a false ping then! Each movement took around 5 seconds to respond. Not sure whether this is a connection issue my end (I do play Unwheel wireless), but the mod server plays well otherwise. The ping only fluctuates once I'm in the car.

The second is the Rally map Hardc)o(re2006:

This jump is impossible to complete, full stop. It would only require an extension to the platform, so I'm more than happy to do that if you'd like
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Re: Two Unwheel Related Issues

Post by iZumo » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 11:34 am

The whole scoreboard / related UI is derpy and needs more fixes than that. As for the jump, that's likely due to change in physics & speed / acceleration.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 12:02 pm

Was the latest version live last night?

I played a few maps and the car handling still seems a bit off. Sometimes it grips to the road amazingly and sometimes it just does 90° turns without any input.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 12:39 pm

Ah, what I was trying to get at was that on Igneous I did actually have 1000 ping - it wasn't a false reading, and thus made the map unplayable. I'm not sure whether this is an issue my end, or an issue with that map (no one else was on, so I don't know whether this affects everyone).
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 12:40 pm

I made that jump after about 3-5 tries. Remember you can use nitros and turn effectively with unwheel cars unlike nitro onslaught vehicle's.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 2:07 pm

Tried for 5 minutes with no success, but I guess a simple extension to the platform would solve the issue. It's a really nice map!

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 14 Nov , 2013 8:26 pm

iRobot wrote:Was the latest version live last night?

I played a few maps and the car handling still seems a bit off. Sometimes it grips to the road amazingly and sometimes it just does 90° turns without any input.
It was, but I didn't get any "90° turns without any input", this stuff tends to happen on slope changes and I won't really be removing that (not that annoying there and it's very hard to remove that and would be a bunch of new parameters, like there isn't already enough of them).