Fags

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Michie
Banned

Re: Fags

Post by Michie » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 6:24 pm

Peace
Last edited by Michie on Tue 12 Feb , 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 6:26 pm

Actually, the player called [Bender] is called that because he uses a playermodel of Bender from Futurama. "Catcher" could be a gay reference but makes no statements about whether it is good or bad to be gay. Sperminator is non-offensive and unisex. assmonkey I've no idea about.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 6:36 pm

You can find offense in anything if you try hard enough.

(=

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 7:23 pm

I know you guys .I was just making a point.I really could care less whos or what name anyone carrys. Peace and Delete )

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 7:25 pm

iRobot wrote:Fagtastic news.
Now thats just funny :lol:

Shihan
V.I.P. Member

Post by Shihan » Thu 06 Jun , 2013 6:38 pm

I’m so glad that “fag” is allowed. I am in permanent fear that I will say something like “I have just had a fag” and be misconstrued as meaning that I have had a homosexual encounter when in fact I meant that I had just smoked a cigarette (fag is a slang term for cigarette in the UK).

The problem is that words have different meanings in different situations and times. 50 years ago gay meant happy. 25 years ago gay meant homosexual. 5 years ago gay was commonly used to describe something not liked. And it gets more complicated when you add in religious, cultural and geographical differences.

I am probably the oldest person on the server. If I mess up in a game and someone suggests that it is due to the onset of senility I will smile and agree. If they tell me I shouldn’t play games online because older people are a waste of server space I will feel insulted.

It’s not what you say, it’s what you mean.

I fully support the aims of the admins to keep the server a fun and friendly place to play irrespective of race, colour, creed, sexual orientation, gender or any other aspect of a person’s identity. Deliberate, derogatory and malicious comments should be dealt with, but not everyone is aware that what they are saying could be construed as offensive to someone else.

The admins don’t get it right all the time, but it is not an easy job and they have my respect for what they are trying to do.
------------
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 06 Jun , 2013 7:21 pm

Shihan wrote:I am in permanent fear that I will say something like “I have just had a fag” and be misconstrued as meaning that I have had a homosexual encounter
;'D'D

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 06 Jun , 2013 9:26 pm

Thankfully, we do look at each others' bans and such a misunderstanding would be picked up very quickly.