A brief look at the KillStreak weapons

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Re: A brief look at the KillStreak weapons

Post by CaptainXavious » Tue 03 Sep , 2013 5:06 am

I'm currently looking into a way to make dual wielded sidearms more viable (speeding up reload times).

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 03 Sep , 2013 5:50 am

CaptainXavious wrote:I'm currently looking into a way to make dual wielded sidearms more viable (speeding up reload times).
Release both magazines at once, then the user moves their hands out of view and somehow inserts magazines into the weapon. .=

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Tue 03 Sep , 2013 6:07 am

You are a quick one, aren't you, Calypto?

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Post by Jiffy » Tue 03 Sep , 2013 6:10 pm

CaptainXavious wrote:You are a quick one, aren't you, Calypto?
Actually he has a point. Like the Killing Floor 9mms, they have Dual anims, where both magazines are slid out and 1 (at a time) is slammed back in, with the magazine stood up on the handle as the gun moves down onto it, sealing them together, and the same done with the other weapon.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Tue 03 Sep , 2013 6:25 pm

To be honest I wasn't even being sarcastic, he described exactly as I plan on doing. The difficulty is in actually getting this animation done for all of the sidearms. (Also not all sidearms have a magazine well in the handle, like the D49 and BORT).

Plus there's implementation of such a thing, but that's Azarael's problem and not mine.

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Post by Jiffy » Tue 03 Sep , 2013 7:24 pm

CaptainXavious wrote:To be honest I wasn't even being sarcastic, he described exactly as I plan on doing. The difficulty is in actually getting this animation done for all of the sidearms. (Also not all sidearms have a magazine well in the handle, like the D49 and BORT).

Plus there's implementation of such a thing, but that's Azarael's problem and not mine.
Ejecting the brass won't be so hard, it's putting some new bullets back in again.

pilau

Post by pilau » Wed 04 Sep , 2013 2:55 pm

Calypto wrote:
CaptainXavious wrote: Release both magazines at once, then the user moves their hands out of view and somehow inserts magazines into the weapon. .=
Lara Croft, anyone?