Blazing Scorps

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Blazing Scorps

Post by Azarael » Wed 13 Nov , 2013 3:32 pm

No tone on the Internet. Perhaps a better idea would be not to post drivel?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 13 Nov , 2013 3:52 pm

All of my input is valid.

It might not make sense, much like the bible, but it is considered of worth.

=D

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Wed 13 Nov , 2013 9:18 pm

My thoughts to the new discussion:

First of all I have to agree with iRobot. It is the hardest map on this server and it should stay the hardest map. Its a well balanced map as it is now imo. Not so good drivers really have to concentrate to successful get to the end. Me and a couple of others dont really have problems completing the map so we are trying to do it as fast as possible (4:28 for part3 anyone?).

On the other hand darkelf is right when it comes to ragequitting. I realized Blazing is a map which tends to empty the server quicker than Pierons or UglyAssault. So you really should consider giving people more than 1 chance to do certain traps/obstacles. You could for example do it like the Trial map TowerOfBable (if anyone knows is). The Trial map is basically just a huge tower you have to climb up. When you climb inside of the tower and fail a jump you dont fall straight down to the very start because there are several levels which will save you. On the other hand if you climb outside and fall down youre in trouble. Something similar for Blazing might be good. So if you fail an obstacle you get thrown back maybe 1-2 minutes but you dont have to do it all over again. And leave some of the obstacles as "dangerous" as they are, so if you fail you have to start from the beginning again.

Just an idea to make the map more attractive for unskilled raisers :)
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 13 Nov , 2013 9:27 pm

Add a checkpoint system. Be the best.