Quadcopters. Just wow.

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Re: Quadcopters. Just wow.

Post by CaptainXavious » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 10:47 pm

You can get a small indoor quadcopter for about $50, battery life typically lasts approx 15 minutes for that price range (I think), they recharge quick enough. But let it be known, if you want an indoor quadcopter, it won't be able to any of the stunts in those videos, but they are still a heck of a lot of fun.

I got a couple of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107G-Channe ... helicopter

They'll do about the same as the indoor quadcopters and are considerably cheaper. Good for getting the hang of flying them with a small enough investment.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 24 Feb , 2014 11:07 am

CaptainXavious wrote:You can get a small indoor quadcopter for about $50, battery life typically lasts approx 15 minutes for that price range (I think), they recharge quick enough. But let it be known, if you want an indoor quadcopter, it won't be able to any of the stunts in those videos, but they are still a heck of a lot of fun.

I got a couple of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107G-Channe ... helicopter

They'll do about the same as the indoor quadcopters and are considerably cheaper. Good for getting the hang of flying them with a small enough investment.
:) yap, I got one that was crushed agaist the floor trying to land it... and it broke after some time.. was fun though. I prefer the quadcopter cause is a different control arrangement, looks like an OVNI... the quadcopters are 60€...not that expensive :)
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

focus

Post by focus » Tue 25 Feb , 2014 2:35 am

Here more about flying stuff

RC Jet Plane with camera on board
(yep, it has a real miniature jet turbine!)

And if you wanna fly by yourself....