Deaths: Net count

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Deaths: Net count

Post by Butcher » Wed 30 Apr , 2014 12:23 am

Is there any way to see the log of Kills : deaths in a match?
I noticed that sometimes when I kill someone my net was not incremented, so I payed attention to it and followed the numbers
-And I killed at least two times some player and the kill was not taken into account...someone in Game said that they could be EFR, but if I recall correctly, If you get killed from the EFR do not add to deaths, but if you kill him it adds to the kills??? In any case I noticed that my kills did not count with stanky 2 times in the same match, and I was checking the numbers in the score,it did not add the kill.
Additionally he has never been EFR.
103. Stanky 22600 29873 4557.33 0 4.39

-I am sure I killed 3 opponents and then they kill me once and my score was (Deaths:Net) 11:9 before and passed to be 10:8...don't understand how it counted? Then someone killed me once and I became from 12:9 to 14:8. D=

Maybe there is a bug..
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Deaths: Net count

Post by iZumo » Wed 30 Apr , 2014 12:43 am

EFR'd players are omitted from the counter. Being killed by EFR'd player will not add up your deaths and killing EFR'd player won't increase your kills. Then if you die in 10 seconds after being thawn, it won't increment your deaths. Net will also show thawing.

The observation going from 11:9 -> 10:8 is definitely incorrect because afaik the deaths in the code are only being incremented.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 30 Apr , 2014 12:50 am

Anyone who is EFRed does not count for skill in any transaction. If you kill an EFRed player, nobody gets anything. If you are killed by an EFRed player, nobody gets anything.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Wed 30 Apr , 2014 9:56 am

Pls think about putting much effort killing me, to kill the EFRKingCap^

But still i would find it better and fairer to see when there is an EFR player somewhere.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 30 Apr , 2014 11:05 am

Izumo_CZ wrote:EFR'd players are omitted from the counter. Being killed by EFR'd player will not add up your deaths and killing EFR'd player won't increase your kills. Then if you die in 10 seconds after being thawn, it won't increment your deaths. Net will also show thawing.

The observation going from 11:9 -> 10:8 is definitely incorrect because afaik the deaths in the code are only being incremented.
Exactly my point: is definitely incorrect and that is why I found it strange at first, then I was following the numbers and saw this behavior! then report it here in this post! If there is nothing but incremental why it went from a higher number to a lower one? Also why did it not count 2 kills from stanky, which was not EFR because he has never been EFR?
If I kill a player within the first 10 secs counts as a kill?

Is it possible to add to the HUD something to show a Kills:Deaths count? Just the 2 numbers?

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 30 Apr , 2014 11:58 am

Butcher wrote:Exactly my point: is definitely incorrect and that is why I found it strange at first, then I was following the numbers and saw this behavior!
No I mean I'm quite sure you observed that badly. There is literally no way in which your deaths could decrease. I also suppose you're using UTComp scoreboard, right? The standard Freon scoreboard is not really supported.
Butcher wrote:If I kill a player within the first 10 secs counts as a kill?
Yes, it will count as a kill. Only the player gets no death.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 30 Apr , 2014 12:04 pm

So when I press F1, and then F3.. there is Deaths:net and skill values are those incorrect?
Where shall I read the correct values then?
F3-> shows Kills only

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 30 Apr , 2014 12:07 pm

Only F1 with UTComp Scoreboard shows the correct Deaths / Net / Skill (Net with thawing) and Deaths / Net / PPR (Net without thawing).