Maps uploading rules

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Den
System Administrator

Maps uploading rules

Post by Den » Mon 29 Jan , 2024 12:01 pm

Nowadays there are many new maps, some of them are trash, some of them are not finished, some are unplayable. And we don't have unlimited storage so something must be done with that.
Cannot check every map with related files - too much trash. I guess one day I will remove all new files, I expect mappers will send me only playable ones to reupload.

New rules about uploading maps:

1. If you want to upload not finished/polished/tested map then mark it in this way: RACE-testMapName.ut2
2. Send me (anywhere) your e-mail and I will give you access to a personal folder in dropbox - the only place to upload new maps
3. Uploading maps.
3.1 Make a folder with same name as your map
3.2 Inside it make same folders as in game for content (Maps, Textures, System etc) and upload files
3.3 Also inside main folder (3.1) make Redirect folder and put there compressed versions of all your files
3.4 Also inside main folder (3.1) make a txt file called LIST, in file first write map name, then a list of all your files to upload (excepting compressed ones)
4. Avoid sending files if they already exist on server, anyway they will not be ulpoaded. If u add lots of such files and make me waste time checking them then I will just do it less often.
5. If edit existing map then it must have different name (for example marked v2 etc) and prepare a file with a list of changes.
6. Going to make uploads once per month, maybe a little more often but NOT after every request. If fucked up with this list then you can fix it for next upload.