Mass Freon

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Mass Freon

Post by iRobot » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 10:12 am

Would it be a problem to disable thawing in overtime (0:00 on the roundtime)?

With the health from standing next to a teammate, plus the over generousity of the adrenaline system (hell, even medicine nades to stretch it out even more), it's almost pointless to even have a round timer. I've seen some rounds last up to 15 minutes, and it's a little snoozy.

I am aware you thaw more slowly but it is still long and drawn out :-/

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 11:55 am

I for myself prefere the old instant death overtime settings which where sadly played only for a week or two. Means if you get killed in overtime you are out of the game but if you were frozen before you still can get thawed.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 12:03 pm

giZmo wrote:I for myself prefere the old instant death overtime settings which where sadly played only for a week or two. Means if you get killed in overtime you are out of the game but if you were frozen before you still can get thawed.
I could go with that, yeah. Sounds a lot more sensible than the current mechanics ;-)

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 9:59 pm

Many people are thinking the problem is with the player count. Many people don't realize it's actually the map. That's why I wanted to edit highlander, it's too big and camping is very simple to achieve, no matter what weapon you have.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 11:36 pm

Highlander and all the other "big" maps are just fine. What would be the need of a Sniper, Railgun, SRS-900, LS-14 and the other long range weapons if Freon
will be played on small tiny maps in the future ?

I simply hate all the small maps cause all they occur is MASSIVE CRAP SPAM. Freon on that maps ist played like TDM...just run around and shoot instantly
and maybe you will hit something.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 11:53 pm

Any map that doesnt have rooftops is a good one, so pretty much all the standard UT2K4 maps :')

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Tue 17 Jan , 2012 7:47 am

giZmo wrote:[...]

I simply hate all the small maps cause all they occur is MASSIVE CRAP SPAM. Freon on that maps ist played like TDM...just run around and shoot instantly
and maybe you will hit something.
use a SPAM gun?
your a46 will be useless in small maps :mrgreen:

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Tue 17 Jan , 2012 5:36 pm

There is no weapon with that name but if u mean the m46, im not using it anymore.