Glitching ban

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
UltraBloxX

Re: Glitching ban

Post by UltraBloxX » Sun 30 Dec , 2012 11:51 pm

I honestly didn't intend to use redeemer. I just don't feel it's right and I knew it's glitching. I always used another deemer spawn in sky for 2nd obj nuking, since it's much more fair.

UltraBloxX

Post by UltraBloxX » Sun 30 Dec , 2012 11:58 pm

And if you think that I saved last rocket for nuking obj, I can say I didn't keep any rockets at all. Yes, I collected all four deemers and then wasted rockets, so at time of ban I didn't even had a single deemer.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 12:04 am

Socio wrote:But why would one attacker use the Redeemer room? He cant use the Redeemer in the main combat area so he can only camp and wait for the 2nd obj with the Redeemer, which falls under the no-obj-camping policy Zolinymusz was permanently banned for. Also with the 2nd obj being active the Redeemer room is only accessible from defenders spawn, therefore making it a part of their spawn area, that should not be accessed by attackers. This map is stupid that way fts
That's true though. A mapfix will sort this.
UltraBloxX wrote:I honestly didn't intend to use redeemer. I just don't feel it's right and I knew it's glitching. I always used another deemer spawn in sky for 2nd obj nuking, since it's much more fair.
Nah you came there to scout if defenders will try to go into the room and would nuke the obj if they didn't. Then as you said you thought you were glitching. I will check the logs too see whether you were told it's OK or not.

EDIT: Nothing in the logs.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 12:25 am

It would take one of you 10 seconds to put a sentinel in the deemer room and it's fixed for all future situations. Instead of arguing semantics, just fix it.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 12:26 am

Yeah that will happen.

UltraBloxX

Post by UltraBloxX » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 12:28 am

Well, OK. I'll tell whole truth why I was down there...

At first, I thought go to deemer room, take deemer, pilot it and wait for a chance when defender will use speedpad and sneak missile into main battle zone. So, that's reason why I was where you found me...

But when I got to deemer room and launched a missile, I began to worry whether that would be legitimate to do so. So, I decided not to test whether it was a glitch or not and just wasted all four missiles and stayed in deemer room. I had no more business here, really. Since I didn't want to do 1st obj, I just stayed here. I knew that using these deemers on 2nd objs is glitching, so I had no plans for doing that.

I was afraid, that admitting to piloting deemer missile would cause you to think that I intended to glitch 2nd obj, so I didn't tell that initially. Sorry.

Yes, I thought that getting into deemer room is glitch on it's own but I certainly knew that deemering 2nd obj is glitch and didn't intend to do so.

That's it.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 12:47 am

Perhaps if you were to came here and told it right away fair and square (and I still don't believe you with the last post, kinda looks like you're rather making a story) and that you had considered that it's legitimate then this would turn out differently.

Pharaoh has been removed from the maplist until this is fixed in the map.

UltraBloxX

Post by UltraBloxX » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 12:48 am

Nah you came there to scout if defenders will try to go into the room and would nuke the obj if they didn't. Then as you said you thought you were glitching. I will check the logs too see whether you were told it's OK or not.

EDIT: Nothing in the logs.
I indeed thought that entering room is glitching on it's own. Indeed, nobody said it's OK to. However, I was explicitly told before that deemering 2nd obj with defenders deemer is glitch, so I never intended to do so. And since anyone could possibly record a demo, or admin could've find me in middle of doing so, I wouldn't be so stupid to do that.

Socio

Post by Socio » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 12:55 am

Anyways, just a heads up, the ban has been shortened to 3 days, as I discussed the matter with Ultra in PMs.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 1:02 am

Who's for making the OLDZ on 31st december and 1st January this time? trollface