TeamSpeak server

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Oska
The wise man

Re: TeamSpeak server

Post by Oska » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 4:13 pm

Sure, then lets called each others fags. You once banned michie for calling everyone a fag, it's now on the TS server without any problem. Why don't you create a fag Section on here?
And I don't see why one would say "cigarette spotted". But you are right, it has to be cigarettes.
Last edited by Oska on Fri 28 Jun , 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 4:16 pm

Great work Oska. In your haste to get one up over the hated team-spec*Azarael, you completely misunderstood my post. I was actually agreeing with you. If I had my way "fag" wouldn't be acceptable.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 4:17 pm

Welcome to the internet Oska!

Let me show you to your room.

This section of the internet is a no smoking area, so no fags permitted.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 4:23 pm

Azarael wrote:Great work Oska. In your haste to get one up over the hated team-spec*Azarael, you completely misunderstood my post. I was actually agreeing with you. If I had my way "fag" wouldn't be acceptable.
I actually wondered if you agreed or not. Since those days you disagree with everything I say and since it was written in complicated english, I assumed that you disagree.

My last edited post is still suitable for Izumo though, as for him it seems like there is no problem.

Simple english please :(
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 5:05 pm

Indeed it seems a bit odd going into banning spree for "nigger/whiteboy" and then call a channel "fag spotted". Just a bit eh.
Last edited by ZioFede on Fri 28 Jun , 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 5:06 pm

One is simply name calling. The other is racism.

.=

Dont know about you guys but I grew out of name calling getting to me in lower school.

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 5:09 pm

Fag->offend someone for his/her sexuality
Nigger/whiteboy->// for her/his skin tone.

Yeah you're right.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 5:09 pm

Sexism, racism, homophobia, same shit. Since the definition of faggot by wikipedia is:
wiki/Faggot_(slang) wrote:Faggot, often shortened to fag, is a pejorative term broadly meaning an effeminate gay man
It is meant to be offensive, so is "nigga".

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 5:12 pm

To be honest I agree. I will not be banning for racism or sexism from this point.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 28 Jun , 2013 5:13 pm

Hmm, actually in CZ "giving a blowjob" would literally be translated as "to smoke someone's dick". Maybe it's similar in other languages too?

I'm strictly against creating a precedence to ban for things for which the world around us does not punish anyhow; there already was a discussion about racism / sexism / homophobia and it's reception (which everybody sees differently), nobody really wanted to debate that or provided some sort of backup for their opinion (if you want to discuss it, the topic is in Ban Appeals, and about Hamish getting banned for sexism). If this is allowed, there will be further complaints on other issues (as I've presented, I didn't like the meaning of goy on the other hand but never took any action against for the above stated reason). I think we really start to look like a police state a bit.

EDIT: the topic is here: http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?p=16132#p16132