Peek A BOO!

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Peek A BOO!

Post by Takeo » Sun 29 Jul , 2012 11:57 am

@KillerB:

If you scroll down on the portal, you will notice that we already have such system implemented.
But instead of the online players it shows the top 10 players. We wanted to implement the online list in the first place, but either the list will be too long (32players) or you get the standard scrollbar inside those boxes which looks weird. The size of the boxes is static and doesn't change with its content.

Click here and scroll down to see what I mean with weird looking.
The parting between blue and red team is a premium feature for which money shouldn't be wasted imo.
giZmo stated that the scrollbar is a price to pay for the online players list but I'm not quite sure yet if we shall do it that way. What do you guys think about this?

By the way, the "Top 10 players" list may be a way to encourage people to actually play on the server.
Elsewise we might create a ingame-ranking system like the elite trials server does ;) Their script is ofc very much developed and at its final state. It tracks numbers of objectives, objectives made in a row, playtime, record time, etc and creates a ranking list with this. Further you get "credits" ingame to buy stuff (which I wouldn't want). Apart from ingame they also have a site which shows the maps and the three "best" players on it (meaning their record time). View it here

The BestTimes might not be the exact thing I am looking for, but a similiar system should be possible, aye? I won't be here for much longer than september or so and my scripting skills are well known as bollocks. The only one I can think of for creating such a system effectively here is Izumo.
So: Don't put this idea down directly please :)

KillerB
V.I.P. Member

Post by KillerB » Sun 29 Jul , 2012 2:37 pm

To be honest Takeo i only wondered about there who's online thing to save me loading up UT and looking.Lazy i know yes. I bookmarked the page instead so i can look there hehe.

You're only here till September?? o.O and where do you think you are going young man! xD
~)Open wide hunny, Momma's got ya goo(~

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 29 Jul , 2012 7:24 pm

Takeo wrote:I won't be here for much longer than september
omg

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Sun 29 Jul , 2012 7:49 pm

@KillerB:
If you click on "Servers" at the top of the portal/forum you get the banners of all the servers. Click on each to get to the gametrackers page of them.

@KillerB, Calypto and everybody else of interest:
I got my "Abitur" this year and am currently looking for a university. Well... actually I'm waiting for the results of where I got accepted and where not. Among those containing a positive answer I will pick and leave. I will likely not going to have an internet connection fast enough to play, but will surely look into the forum etc once in a while (god bless mobile internet). In the worst case of not getting ANY place I will be here for another semester... Good for you, bad for me :P