Appealing for ban : Banned for Nazism? Thinking...

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Michael

Re: Appealing for ban : Banned for Nazism? Thinking...

Post by Michael » Mon 11 Feb , 2013 8:25 pm

You know there are other ways to still connect the server...

But okay. Honestly I don't give a **** about what happens outside Portugal. That's all tbh. Bye.

Michael

Post by Michael » Mon 11 Feb , 2013 8:44 pm

Since it's over I'm gonna be entirely honest too:

First: At first time, I had no clue that nazism was even banable, so I thought that drawing simbols, wich finished to be an inverted Swastika, would have any kind of problem.

Second: I never thought that someone would get so much offended with such thing? I really had no clue people would react to this, in such a bad way to happen this ban. I never talked about such subject with anyone from Germany or these affected countries.

Third: I mentioned his name?? Well I don't remember it but I know we started tallking about those things when someone said it was banable and then Azarael came in the game.

Well ok, decision's taken, I Feel horribly bad, but so be it, that's how life is.

Good bye, gl with the server, I had fun a lot of times there, thanks.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 11 Feb , 2013 10:27 pm

Are you sure you don't want to give him a last chance? He's being honest and doesn't insult us, and it's hardly believable that he didn't hear about the WW2 and the swastika but it's possible. 6 months-ban sounds good to me. He will have time to study it ;)
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 11 Feb , 2013 11:27 pm

The crux of his argument was that he is not a proponent of Nazism. When a variant name of Hitler was found in his nick list, this argument was destroyed.

Flo
RAGEMASTER

Post by Flo » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 6:11 am

Well, until the "Hitler" thing I guess I would have defended him in a way of declaring it as major stupidity.

It is a true thing, that in other cultures the swastika even as of today is used, though the left facing version of it. I was surprised seeing it out of the blue tons of times when going to Japan 1 1/2 years ago, and even today, being a japan studies student, I sometimes feel a bit uneasy when seeing it, but I grew accepting the pre-Nazi history of that symbol that still lives on elsewhere.

But well ... when naming yourself Hitler, it's not just major stupidity, but even beyond that. Before doing such a thing, anyone should at least inform themselves about the historic dimension of using that name, "car"-drawing that sign and so on. It is not just Germany, where the symbols use is officially banned, except for documentary and educational purposes, but also the majority of the European countries, as to where that symbol is connected with a cruel, bloody past and whose feelings might be shaken when seeing that thing.

Even satire, which is said to "be allowed anything", always needs to treat this topic with care. So, not informing ownselves about neither the swastika nor what the use of the name "Hitler" could have as consequences ... and declaring it as "fun" ... if that really was out of unknowing, then - I beg your pardon - that is such a stupidity, that I would rip out my brain from facepalming to it. Though by the quote "I hope it is not seen as such or such a way" you at least DID have a slight clue about what you just did.

Therefore I can't see any reason trying to defend anymore.

my 50 cent,

Flo
(German)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 11:56 am

Michael: I hope no one takes this seriously and comes with shit saying we are anti-semitic
Even more lulzworthy when you take the 'HEINS_HITTLER' name into account.

iXtl

Post by iXtl » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 1:06 pm

Regarding player evolution (swastika is Nazi??? -> swastika is Nazi but is it bannable??? -> HEINS_HITTLER) I think there is no reason to defend him.

Michael

Post by Michael » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 8:50 pm

Wait when did I name myself that?

Michael

Post by Michael » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 8:51 pm

**** Did I do that?

I don't remember seriously, omg, hell that was stupid as crap

Michael

Post by Michael » Tue 12 Feb , 2013 8:54 pm

I don't see any reason for doing such thing, like naming myself, and I don't remember doing so, and if I did was for plain stupidity.

Now I got surprised at myself...