Muting for chat offenses [split topic]

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Muting for chat offenses [split topic]

Post by iRobot » Thu 09 May , 2013 10:36 am

Izumo_CZ wrote:
SASHamish wrote:Don't mean to break up this discussion but is there a timeframe as to how long it takes to decide what the next steps are?
In your case, despite the ban was made by giZmo, consider Eify being the banning admin. If she will not want to lift your ban, then it stays.
No disrespect to the admins involved with this ban intended, but this stance is ludicrous. If Azarael was to ban me because my favourite colour wasnt blue, you're saying no other admins have input? Only he has right to remove the ban?

It's like appealing for early release, to the parent of the guy you ran over in your car. Would you ever get anywhere? Absolutely not.

Not to mention this is compounded by the fact that in the history of LDG, maybe only 1-2 'appeals' have been truly successful.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 09 May , 2013 12:39 pm

It`s because most of the time, a ban is made for obvious reasons. This time, there was a consensus to be found. Ofc if an admin makes a ban for overreacting to some offense, we talk about it but you don`t need to know it. And it already happened in the past.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Thu 09 May , 2013 2:03 pm

iRobot wrote:No disrespect to the admins involved with this ban intended, but this stance is ludicrous. If Azarael was to ban me because my favourite colour wasnt blue, you're saying no other admins have input? Only he has right to remove the ban?

It's like appealing for early release, to the parent of the guy you ran over in your car. Would you ever get anywhere? Absolutely not.

Not to mention this is compounded by the fact that in the history of LDG, maybe only 1-2 'appeals' have been truly successful.
I'm not saying that. I just cleared out this ban is up to Eify.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 09 May , 2013 2:08 pm

Since admins acting unilaterally to remove other admins' bans is a recipe for discord, bans are only directly removed in cases which are exceptional.