Hi all

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Meep

Hi all

Post by Meep » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 11:18 am

Made an account here just to say hi ^______________^

Though while I'm here could I ask you to increase the vehicle count on pretty much all maps to support 32 players?

Often you just have to stand around in base like a lemon just because only 10 scorpions spawn and theres 16 of you. It's mainly an issue on maps with scorpions and mantas, single passenger vehicles. It's probably a lot of work to change all the maps, but theres a few that are pretty bad offenders.

The problem is further compounded by people leaving vacant vehicles on track, or dying and the vehicle staying behind empty.

By the way, the Tiberian Sun map is kinda cool, turns into a bit of a camp fest and could do with the Levi objective that I remember it used to have to make it last longer, could I request the Red Alert C&C one be added too? =P

Used to play under the name Nekovivie back in the day, anyone still around from the days of jolt and multiplay servers? If so hi :')

Much love,

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Hi all

Post by Azarael » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 2:30 pm

I recognise you under that name, yes. Bono, Genesis and myself played on Jolt.

The vehicle issue is being worked on.

Meep

Post by Meep » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 3:26 pm

Awesome :')

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 3:43 pm

Welcome on our forums, meep :) It feels good to see that there are still people out there who can find their way to our forums besides just playing on the servers ;)

About your problem with the vehicles:
I would just suggest an idea and unfortunately would have to leave the scripting to izumo... so izu? here it comes:

What would you guys say about decreasing the time until an empty vehicle gets destroyed (only if the pawn who left it as the last person is dead).
This would mean:
a) Player leaves vehicle to get health, snipe, w/e. The vehicle will remain like 3 minutes.
b) Player leaves the vehicle and dies or instantly suicides. The vehicle will remain like 40 seconds.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 5:47 pm

Hello! For c&c we deliberately removed the levi at the end because noobs tended to take it and camp with it instead of actually trying to complete the objective. And often this objective could take as long as all the previous one to finish the map :(. And we recently added Command&Mario.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Meep

Post by Meep » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 5:53 pm

Well for the C&C at least, it seems you work so hard to build the base up, get all the cool vehicles, then suddenly the map ends, theres no real purpose to it, you dont get to use them :-(

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 6:01 pm

Yes I know, the end now is too abrupt. We should think about something else... Maybe a ion cannon with extra life instead of the levi could do?
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 6:35 pm

Another idea: when a team build up theyr base totally they gets access to an extra objective(s) at theyr base. The name of that objective(s) like "setup the energy field emitters", that should be vehicle hold type objective(s) whith very long hold time each (few minutes). So that team that build theyr base first should still defend their base from opponents while holding that objectives to build 5-7 emitters. This will give opponents (loosing team) some chance because leading team should hold theyr vehicles at that building emitters. This will balance a bit any unbalanced game.

Then, when all emitters build, the huge energy shield covers all the base that kills any opponent vehicles inside it but still leaves it possible for opponents to run inside onfoot (if they still didnt completed all base objectives) and also prevents oun vehicles from shooting inside this field. When the field is up a special (ultimate) cannon spawns and begins to charge (that can last few more minutes) while base ouners should just defend theyr base from incoming opponents or they can attack another team base if they are already building their emitters or even cannon too.
I repeat: field kills an opponent vehicles and block shooting for oun vehicles. So inside that field in the base only onfoot action can be performed while oun vehicles can go out the base to defend from incomings or attack opponent base.

Opponens can come close to field shield on vehicles and then come in onfoot hiding between the buildings (if they still didnt complete base objectives) or they can shoot this base charging cannon (that will decharge it).
Cannon cant be healed and its idle. It automatically charges but charge can be slowed down by opponent fire. Model can be just a 5x scaled IonCannon.
After a cannon is build, it automatically shoots a huge IonShot to the opponents base and destroys it completely. Team wins.

I hope thats all clear enough, but I repeat the key moments:
1) Usual objectives on opponets base to build oun base.
2) Vehicle hold objectives on oun base to build shield emitters.
3) Defending charging cannon, base objectives (if still available) at oun base or attacking opponents base to harass their emitters building or shoot charging cannon to slow it down.
4) Profit!

I think this will be very much more interesting than all previous variants of C'n'C maps we played.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 8:09 pm

All just reads, according to note at the bottom, but nobody comments.
Is not that clear? :) Maybe I should try to explain with some other phrases?
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 10:52 pm

Sounds like a lot of work and a lot of gameplay testing that would need to be done before it would reach some decent balance level. Also keep in mind that map time limit atm. is 20mins, dont think most of teams would achive so much things in such a short period of time, also also most of people here really despise CnC maps and would raise an uproar if the time limit would be extended. And finally I dont think anyone here is willing to put that much attention to that map.

Simple idea fix:
-Give the Levi ridiculous ammount of HP and heal ratio (also raise the ammount of linkammo in the locker to accompany it), Downside is that if really there is some dumbnut that will take the Levi, deploy it and camp.
More complex idea fix, yet less complex then Paladins:
-Make some sort of destroyable tower/core/commandcenter objective thingy, give it a few thousands health, put it in the center of the base and make the "Destroy enemies command center!" last objective active to attack when the opposing team completes the base construction.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good