Re: Hi all

Post by Meep » Wed 09 Nov , 2011 11:04 pm

Just remove the deployablility of the Leviathan iono

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 12:01 am

Socio wrote:More complex idea fix, yet less complex then Paladins:
-Make some sort of destroyable tower/core/commandcenter objective thingy, give it a few thousands health, put it in the center of the base and make the "Destroy enemies command center!" last objective active to attack when the opposing team completes the base construction.
I think the objective after default objectives (whether by my idea or by yours) should be on own territory because that can balance a bit general C'n'C disbalancing with gametime by giving a loosing team some chance.
I mean, when one team get an advantage on few counters, another team already losed a game and whatever they do they will not win 90% even if you whould swap the teams theyr bases because they gain more powerfull machinery. By making final objective "defend on your base for a given time" can give a loosing (from the first minutes) team some chance and lower that 90% to at least 70 maybe.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 5:31 pm

I like the second idea of socio, that is making a power core like in Onslaught; like this as Paladin wants, the team which has not completed all the previous objectives can still have time to try to improve the situation! And it must be easy to implement.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 8:14 pm

I can't help but be amused when I see that idea, though - I've long argued that CNC is an inferior hybrid of Onslaught and VCTF. Onslaught is better, so convert CNC to ONS or VCTF (keeping the basebuilding aspect in the case of the latter?) with a low score limit, using the same vehicles, and have done with it.

StarmanNL

Post by StarmanNL » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 9:54 pm

bOnO wrote:Yes I know, the end now is too abrupt. We should think about something else... Maybe a ion cannon with extra life instead of the levi could do?
You should just add the levi, but disable the secondairy fire.

PS: i have never seen "noobs" using secondairy fire to get kills.
Greetz, Starman[NL]

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 11:13 pm

i kinda like the idea of azarael to convert it into some kind of onslaught map. :) it still should be votable via assault gametype though ;)

StarmanNL

Post by StarmanNL » Fri 11 Nov , 2011 12:53 am

Takeo wrote:i kinda like the idea of azarael to convert it into some kind of onslaught map. :) it still should be votable via assault gametype though ;)
I agree ;)
Maybe you can also put it on ongslaught then? :p
Greetz, Starman[NL]

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Fri 11 Nov , 2011 2:32 am

Thais something xVK has to decide ;)

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Fri 11 Nov , 2011 8:16 am

Azarael wrote:I can't help but be amused when I see that idea, though - I've long argued that CNC is an inferior hybrid of Onslaught and VCTF. Onslaught is better, so convert CNC to ONS or VCTF (keeping the basebuilding aspect in the case of the latter?) with a low score limit, using the same vehicles, and have done with it.
Well, if make make it like VCTF: to build own base a player need to go to opponents base, catch there a BuildCore one of three types and deliver it to own base.
There should be up to three cores at the same time for eachteam.
According to that defence forces should be weakened while offence forces strongened.
But there still needed some final action when the base it build.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

StarmanNL

Post by StarmanNL » Fri 11 Nov , 2011 11:23 am

PALADIN wrote:
Azarael wrote:I can't help but be amused when I see that idea, though - I've long argued that CNC is an inferior hybrid of Onslaught and VCTF. Onslaught is better, so convert CNC to ONS or VCTF (keeping the basebuilding aspect in the case of the latter?) with a low score limit, using the same vehicles, and have done with it.
Well, if make make it like VCTF: to build own base a player need to go to opponents base, catch there a BuildCore one of three types and deliver it to own base.
There should be up to three cores at the same time for eachteam.
According to that defence forces should be weakened while offence forces strongened.
But there still needed some final action when the base it build.
You just could add a powercore in the enemy's base, when you unlocked all Buildcores so you can destroy the big one just like in onslaught
Greetz, Starman[NL]