DM-Higlander

For posting your maps.
giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

DM-Higlander

Post by giZmo » Sun 27 Nov , 2011 2:12 am

Would it be possible to change the behaviour of the two lifts ?

The problem atm is that one lift only goes up and the other one down. This means you can easy secure the roof by camping the corridor where you exit the lift. Idea would be to make both lifts automatically go up and down so you can reach/exit the roof on both sides. By the way this would also make it difficult to prepare for someone coming up cause the moving sound from the platform would be played continuously.

Other option could be to disable the sound of the platform so you can´t hear if someone is coming up.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: DM-Higlander

Post by Takeo » Sun 27 Nov , 2011 12:17 pm

Enabling both way lifts is possible in three ways:
1 - as you said: making the lifts move automatically.
2 - the standard position of both lifts are t the bottom. This way going up is faster.
If you want to get down, you simply go near the "top position" of the lift and the lift will come up automatically (alternatively we could make a button to call the lift up)
3 - having two lifts on each side. One is normally on top, the other one at the bottom.
This way you always have the opportunity to go up/down.

I personally tend do nr 2 or nr 3.

Nr 2 summon more environmental actions. This would make the map become more dynamic and not just a static place which is some kind of "frozen".

Nr 3 would be most practical because you would be able to have a maximum amount of 4 active lifts.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Sun 27 Nov , 2011 12:57 pm

1 - Would eliminate the sound problem cause you can´t be sure if the lift goes up or down.

2 - sound good. i personally tend to the button cause you can either call the lift up or jump/dodge down to avoid damage.

3 - if you want to split each lift in two different moving parts you will only have half the space for players....thinkable but i would try 2 first.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Sun 27 Nov , 2011 4:33 pm

/me joins #2 to load DM-Higlander to get a picture <-> name....ah that one.. :mrgreen:

you can dodge the roof to be in between the 2 lifts

I don't see the points lifts going down.
the one heading down takes 5 sec to get down or just jump down in 1 sec and you're at the same place anyway.

both heading up works for me, for heading down i don't see a point. What about the speed?

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Sun 27 Nov , 2011 5:04 pm

There are a lot unskilled players on the server who dont know how to dodge so they need a possibility to get down safely especially when low on health...but maybe that´s only mho.