a49 squirt blaster jump

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: a49 squirt blaster jump

Post by Azarael » Thu 22 Dec , 2011 9:25 pm

This strategy doesn't bother me for the following reasons:

Use of weapon slot for an A49: In combat, the A49 is not a particularly effective weapon.

Limited applicability: Only certain maps possess areas which can be reached solely by an A49 jump.

Lack of invulnerability: In order to attack effectively with any weapon in the game, you require a line of sight to the target. Return fire with any long range weapon, especially the snipers which deal high frontloaded damage, and there's no issue.

Operator risk: In executing such a maneouver, the A49 player faces two issues. The first is that reaching the high place requires the player to render hirself vulnerable, while ze executes the jump. The second is that if the player is frozen when in a high place, ze will be unreachable to hir teammates and thus must wait the full thaw time to get back into the game.

Universal applicability: All players are able to access the A49, and the boost jump is not difficult, even when executing multiple jumps using a wall.

I don't see a pressing need to reduce the A49's boost power, which also affects horizontal or 45° jumps, to remove this strategy.

Zelor
V.I.P. Member

Post by Zelor » Thu 22 Dec , 2011 10:58 pm

Thank you aza =D
Zelor

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 28 Dec , 2011 8:16 pm

giZmo wrote:
Zelor wrote:.... and let us use this ability please, other just have to snipe or use grenades or use the a49 too!!!
Means another advantage for a good player who knows how to do this....in other words you expect from a unskilled player who has enough to do hitting at least something getting
rid of a enemy hiding/shooting from places he doesn´t even think about it ?. Tuesday we had 2 palyers calling Calypto a cheater for doing this cause they didn´t know it is
possible. So if we decide to allow this for every map and every places then you will have to write a welcome msg cause i won´t tell every newcomer cyring for a kick because of a cheater that it is no cheating :|

"if you see something on a roof don´t mind he is not a cheater,
he only knows the mod/weapons better than you"

Or do as Zelor suggested and change every map so you can´t reach high places.

I know Azarael wanted to look after the A49 and thinking about a solution till then simly deavtivate it or disable the jump ability.
8-)

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Wed 28 Dec , 2011 11:50 pm

yeah you filthy cheater :mrgreen:
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 29 Dec , 2011 4:29 am

Just doing my job as a camper

Liubot

Post by Liubot » Wed 16 May , 2012 8:59 pm

I took me a while to figure out that this is used to jump on high places!

So from what I'm reading it's okay to use it... right?

My experience is that it is only useful if u camp, cuz the enemies can snipe u even if u are on a rooftop.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Wed 16 May , 2012 9:11 pm

Well before the nerf it was a really "powerfull" weapon cause you could reach high places with it if you were able to do the jump. But cause of too much abusing we decited to
nerf it and now its not even worth the weaponslot anymore^^

But better that then banning 2-3 people per week for glitching :)
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Liubot

Post by Liubot » Thu 17 May , 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah, it overheats quite fast. But its still useful to "finish off" someone:)

taries

Post by taries » Thu 12 Jul , 2012 12:45 pm

if u take look on game like with normal weps then using shield gun or bio to get this places is glitching too but in my opinion its players skill and get banned cos i am more skilled in trials then others is unfair so if it will be possible make a49 jump abillity same as with shield gun jump it wont be that easy to get this places and also get to this places cost you hp thats fair cost.
I dont use Aerosol to heal myself but i know about the bug when u are out of nades u can choose another and u get new idk if it was fixed already but if this wont happen then players will have to choose if they want nades or medic aerosol most of time is nade more effective from this places megusta

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 12 Jul , 2012 6:12 pm

taries wrote:if u take look on game like with normal weps then using shield gun or bio to get this places is glitching too but in my opinion its players skill and get banned cos i am more skilled in trials then others is unfair so if it will be possible make a49 jump abillity same as with shield gun jump it wont be that easy to get this places and also get to this places cost you hp thats fair cost.
I dont use Aerosol to heal myself but i know about the bug when u are out of nades u can choose another and u get new idk if it was fixed already but if this wont happen then players will have to choose if they want nades or medic aerosol most of time is nade more effective from this places megusta
It was fixed. Don't mention glitches other than to a trusted adult through PM.

I already tried to suggest it to him, but Azarais still won't copy and paste a bunch of code from the shield gun and paste it into the blaster. I also remember playing with you in the Elite Trial Server trollface