Problems with my game

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Nucular

Problems with my game

Post by Nucular » Mon 02 Jan , 2012 9:34 pm

ok.. don't know if I'm at the right place to post this but here it goes:
I have a suspicion that an admin is messing with me because...
this all just happened:
-my game froze (not in lag way or something) right before an obj on derby like someone stopped the game for a moment and of course I fell off and died
-a while later I said "hope you don't freeze my screen again" after which it froze shortly as an answer to me
-then a while later I suddenly couldn't move forward anymore, just sideways and backwards
First of all I apologize if I'm wrong accusing an admin but this is also what happened earlier today:
On the map Holocorp I said "saddam force vote" after azarael forced it because he didn't want a race map to win.
He got pretty angry and threw me out, it really didn't sit well with him and then he lost the game.
I know that he is capable of hacking other people's games because I saw him do it to a player called Farny once.
So I can't walk forward anymore on any server and knowing that he hates me and can do shit like that I'm assuming he did it.
I hope some of the other admins (except Izumo ofc) could talk some sense into him.....

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Problems with my game

Post by Azarael » Mon 02 Jan , 2012 10:04 pm

Izumo forced that map, not me, and said so in the chat at the beginning of Holocorp.

If I screw with someone via CM Admin, other admins know about it. The last time I used it against someone was the cited time against FarNy and after significant and constant provocation. You have some stupid opinions, yeah, but nothing which would lead me to waste my own time harassing you on maps I despise such as Derby. I wasn't even present in the game for that map, because EMP is crap.

I would have thought people understood my methods of operation by now. If I have a problem with you, you'll know about it - I'm notorious for being unable to control my mouth. I don't do stealth harassment.

If you're getting freezes, if I were you I would first look at my own system rather than crying foul towards the admins. A lack of RAM, a slow HDD, processor spikes, high graphics card load among other things can be responsible for freezing. The server has also been lagging for everyone lately, as I'm sure you've seen in chat.

You got booted after the force not because you complained about the map change, but because you compared the forcing admin (Izumo, in this case) to Saddam Hussein (link). You're welcome to complain about something, as Deathblade's policy, which we inherit, is that complaint is permitted unless another rule is broken. I know places which will ban you permanently for referring to their staff with the names of genocide perpetrators, so consider a mere kick and some insulting leniency.

One final thing: While it's true that I dislike race, and by now it's very well known, I never force maps. It's not in my interests or anyone else's to kill the server by forcing maps which weren't voted for. I actually fired Calum when he forced AS maps over voted racing maps. It's one thing to complain about how bad a map is - after all, thanks to Sentinel we're all adept at ignoring chat now - but quite another to prevent 31 other people from playing the voted map.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 02 Jan , 2012 10:10 pm

On the map Holocorp I said "saddam force vote" after azarael forced it because he didn't want a race map to win.
He got pretty angry and threw me out, it really didn't sit well with him and then he lost the game.
For the record: forcevote was by me, because I voted and forgot to admin logout (regardless of that, Holocorp would probably win the vote). And telling Aza "saddam" is a way off the rules, for which you were kicked. Seeing how you look at that, you will enjoy 7 day holiday.

And btw. yes, I was using "cmdonplayer" against you and was messing with clientside mute system because you're on my shitlist.
Azarael wrote:I wasn't even present in the game for that map, because EMP is crap.
Why lie?

Nucular

Post by Nucular » Mon 02 Jan , 2012 10:51 pm

OK apologies to the wrongly accused admin I guess...
I thought it was either azarael or izumo because those guys really don't like me (I'm the "Oldstyle Fag" you know, so much for the hate speech policy on this server btw...)
I didn't think it was izumo because he was present during the game and I didn't see something like "iz. logged in..." which I thought he must have done to do this shit, but he managed to do it without logging in I guess.
Azarael wrote:You got booted after the force not because you complained about the map change, but because you compared the forcing admin (Izumo, in this case) to Saddam Hussein (link). You're welcome to complain about something, as Deathblade's policy, which we inherit, is that complaint is permitted unless another rule is broken. I know places which will ban you permanently for referring to their staff with the names of genocide perpetrators, so consider a mere kick and some insulting leniency.
just to clear up some things because you throw this genocide stuff around, I said it not because of the genocide but because saddam was a dictator and not caring about what the people vote for and forcing one's own wishes as that admin did seems kinda dictatorial to me, but ok Izumo never committed a genocide so I apologize that you misunderstood me. (it's a 7 day ban now btw not a "mere kick" but whatever..)
Izumo_CZ wrote:And btw. yes, I was using "cmdonplayer" against you and was messing with clientside mute system (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1152) because you're on my shitlist.
so because you hate me for my criticism of your unquestionably bad changes (EMP!!) I can't walk fordward on any UT server anymore? why didn't they make him an admin earlier, he's a real swell guy!
Oh and I wonder why you care so much about me, to tell you the truth I don't really care about you that much, no offense!

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 02 Jan , 2012 11:03 pm

Nucular wrote:so because you hate me for my criticism of your unquestionably bad changes (EMP!!) I can't walk fordward on any UT server anymore? why didn't they make him an admin earlier, he's a real swell guy!
Oh and I wonder why you care so much about me, to tell you the truth I don't really care about you that much, no offense!
If I cared about you that much as you say, you wouldn't be able to launch UT2004 again. It seems you're not able to filter out "pissing around speech" from normal speech. We're always open to criticism, but only as long as it's constructive.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 02 Jan , 2012 11:29 pm

He's got the right idea about EMP, though.

Nucular: Regardless of the specific aspect of Saddam which was being invoked, it's best simply to avoid naming anyone if they're responsible for crimes against humanity. "Dictator" would have done just fine.

Admins can log in silently btw.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 02 Jan , 2012 11:33 pm

Azarael wrote:He's got the right idea about EMP, though.
Well, you can create a topic about that and we can get things sorted.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 03 Jan , 2012 1:11 am

I can't walk fordward on any UT server anymore?
I just want to add an explanation about cmdonplayer (even if I'd like us to use it as few as possible): it allows admins to modify your ini file. Simply rebind your keys and everything will work fine again (go to your settings menu and check your keys, or modify your user.ini file).
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 03 Jan , 2012 1:26 am

Assuming you use WASD: set input W MoveForward

Nucular

Post by Nucular » Tue 03 Jan , 2012 3:34 pm

Just read all your posts and I'm surprised that nobody here seems to care that much about him messing with my game in secrecy. I mean he only admitted to it after I wrote about my suspicions here. There's all these rules which players can be kicked and banned for but when an admin uses this cmdonplayer stuff for personal vendettas against players that are on his "shitlist" there's no problem at all??
Izumo_CZ wrote:We're always open to criticism, but only as long as it's constructive.
...Is this supposed to be a joke? After all that abuse of power yesterday?
I don't think constructive criticism helps with a person who is consciously abusing.