Poll on EMP.

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

What is your opinion of EMP?

Excellent addition, my playing experience on the server has been enhanced dramatically.
18%
Good addition, I appreciate the maps.
29%
I don't care if it exists or not.
18%
Bad addition, I am annoyed or bored by it.
21%
I cry tears of rage over this bountiful EMP
14%

Total votes: 28

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Poll on EMP.

Post by Azarael » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 4:14 am

So, Quantum as of nv8p12 is looking pretty decent. Instant rotation, nice range and speed and inherited velocity are all welcome fixes. So now it's time to turn sole attention to the EMP Scorps, and so I thought I'd run a little poll of the valued users. Answers are appreciated, but you can simply vote too.
Last edited by iZumo on Sun 20 May , 2012 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed loaded statement about emp scorps

KHFan5

Re: Poll on EMP.

Post by KHFan5 » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 4:31 am

the addition of the EMP is alright. But it can get pretty annoying being shot with it consecutively.
Kingdom Hearts For the Win!

- Derp
KHFan5 wrote:Play as if I'm not a noob and I promise I won't be one for long.

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 5:05 am

I pretty much liked the idea of EMP on the vehicle. Being able to shut the enemy down is not a bad idea at all.

Nevertheless there are flaws atm;
1. When you are hit by the EMP, your steering blocks as well (mechanical steering shouldn't get blocked ;))
-> solution: EMP only turns off gas, ability to shoot ( and the upcoming radar )

2. The EMP vehicles are overpowered since they can easily spam the people in front of one down, one after another. Thus people always have to take a look to the back to make sure there is nobody pulling their leg. Another problem coming along with the EMP being a beam is that you have a big control over them.
-> solution: instead of a beam, the EMP should rather be like an explosion (no need the make an emitter for that or so, since EMP bombs aree not detectable in reality as well with te human eye) important aspect here is that the EMP should deactivate EVERY vehicle nearby (radius to be set) including oneself if you are within that range. This way weight get rid of the spammers which camp you and shoot you down all the time. The EMP could rather e shot like a quantum ball or like the current EMP, I don't care here.

3. Rapid fire is getting on most peoples nerves. Especially on derby you have several people camping one point and knocking everybody out + pushing them over the platform. No matter if you kill someone or not.. The EMP reloads faster than the other vehicle can heal up.
-> solution: long EMP reload time. Seriously: looong reload. I was thinking about a minute to 1.10
This way people should use it more tactically and don't spam it as if the weapon had been invented next door. Alternatively you could give the vehicles a limited amount or EMP loads. ( like shield and repair )

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 10:29 am

Takeo wrote: Alternatively you could give the vehicles a limited amount or EMP loads. ( like shield and repair )

I agree with this. This idea would help limit the abuse of the gun. Otherwise its great.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 2:46 pm

EMP is at second revision so far. Currently "ganging effect" (= being EMPed by multiple people in rapid succesion, pinning you down for much more time) is resolved (the 4.5s recovery shield).

As of nv8p12, EMP is still instant fire mode w/o charging and shielding is not invisible.

If there is too long reload on EMP, it's basically unarmed race. Pretty much in general, firing at someone has to pay off and in case of EMP there should be racing off possibility (for maps such as Derby). Should there be a long recharge interval I'd select 15 seconds but then it would cost no nitro. I like the idea of limited shots however, it would kinda fit to long reload rate.

And EMP doesn't turn off steering and handbrake.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 5:26 pm

This is an interesting result. It seems that slightly more people are in favour of EMP than are against it.

Kaiz3r

Post by Kaiz3r » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 11:30 pm

I think a limited number of load is a very good idea. It can prevent to be stuck for ages due to shots after shots (etc) as you can drive again.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 12:17 am

Or perhaps rather than stopping you, it just reduces you to say, 30% speed for the duration, would be less annoying but still do a similar job.

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 10:36 am

Thats fake making a polls at the forum cause we all know that most of the players do not visit it. You will never get at least 50 votes. The only good (but not correct) things is that this forum polls is based on our best players opinions while leaving most newbies out of the boat.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 5:01 pm

And that's exactly why I made the poll. The opinions of froobs are useless - half of them will vote the first race map you pick.