What makes a player good

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
Cartoon

What makes a player good

Post by Cartoon » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 1:18 am

Hey guys, I made this little essay for people wanting to improve in Erotic, I just thought I might post it here so you might be able to help me add stuff to it? Okay here it is:D :

onrust

Re: What makes a player good

Post by onrust » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 12:52 pm

Your smiley is your essay? :p

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 3:39 pm

I think you're abusing with this thread. This forum is here to improve the server, not for your clanbusinees. You have your own website for that. If every clan start to make a thread, it will be the mess.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 4:13 pm

I would also like to add that the LDG server and LDG clanchat is not your private recruiting ground. I personally am getting a little tired of seeing every player who displays average skill being temporarily shoved into clanchat so that Erotic can recruit even more members that they don't need. Erotic is not the host clan of this server, and neither is RTO, which is why you don't see us doing this.

If you recruit everyone who joins the server into one mega clan, who is that clan supposed to play against? It's not big, it's not clever and you're not an emperor. Please stop. I even mentioned this when I was in webadmin, but you carried on and did it anyway, so it seems we're going to have to finally put a stop to this mockery in a place where you can't just ignore it.

Branching off from the above, I also think it's time to establish what the hell Clanchat is actually for. Right now it's the club for the admin favourites to talk about things, and I'm not sure this is desirable or necessary given that we have the forums. In fact, I'd say it's downright elitist. Since clanchat does not work on a per-clan basis (i.e. there aren't separate channels for it), I would suggest discontinuing its use. Anything we have to say on the server should be for everyone or team to see, and ClanManager should only be on the server for its simplified admin functions - which, I might add, can be done using Anti TCC's silentadminlogin and the XAdmin system, and thus ClanManager can be replaced by something more useful to everyone, such as UTComp. Using XAdmin means you don't have to change the single admin password every time an admin stops being admin, too.

Cartoon

Post by Cartoon » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 5:45 pm

Before you or bono were mod.. Me and DB used clanchat for adminchat, then I found clanmanager had adminchat so i asked DB if i could use clanchat for adding my friends and he said Yes..

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 5:55 pm

I see.

Deathblade
System Administrator

Post by Deathblade » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 5:56 pm

For add good players or other clans members.
Not for recruiting !
The LDG admin !

Cartoon

Post by Cartoon » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 5:57 pm

And this is hardly nothing todo with clan business, Its for players to improve, but if you want to be that way and see it in a way thats almost completely differnt then I won't post ...

Cartoon

Post by Cartoon » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 6:01 pm

And post for other locked thread - If wasn't just for ero, It was gonna be for all the main assault clans.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 05 Apr , 2010 6:05 pm

Moderators can post in locked threads. I merely stated that other clans would not use the thread in practice, and thus it would effectively be an Erotic thread, whether it was created with that intention in mind or not.
Cartoon wrote:Hey guys, I made this little essay for people wanting to improve in Erotic, I just thought I might post it here so you might be able to help me add stuff to it?
"I made this to help my clan members, I just put it here so that you could help me with this thing I'm making to help my clan members." With respect, there is no misinterpretation here.

Understood about ClanChat.