One of the Ballistic Weapons server for "Heroic mode"

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
vasili111

One of the Ballistic Weapons server for "Heroic mode"

Post by vasili111 » Sat 17 Mar , 2012 7:36 pm

What about to make one of the Ballistic Weapons server for "Heroic mode"? I mean "Heroic mode" where damage is increased for all weapons and health reduced for players. I think Heroic mode with freon will be much more interesting than normal mode. It will be more for tactics then simple weapon spamming.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: One of the Ballistic Weapons server for "Heroic mode"

Post by Azarael » Sat 17 Mar , 2012 7:48 pm

Have considered a more tactical mode of Freon before, but it would most likely end up being a ripoff of CoD or BF.

vasili111

Post by vasili111 » Sat 17 Mar , 2012 8:10 pm

Azarael wrote:Have considered a more tactical mode of Freon before, but it would most likely end up being a ripoff of CoD or BF.
Freon with its weapons is more like CoD or BF than original UT2004 and I think it is one of the reason that some people like Freon more than Original UT2004. I am suggesting to make one of the servers in Freon Heroic mode the remaining one will be Original Freon. I think many players will like Freon Heroic mode more than Original one, because of more tactical game and less spamming then than Original Freon.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 17 Mar , 2012 9:26 pm

So basically you want all weapons to be overpowered as fuck, (already are) with freon, and another server will be paid for? What kind of "tactics" are required to spam with overpowered guns?

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Sat 17 Mar , 2012 9:44 pm

There is NO tactics at all atm, 90% of the players kill for their own score not for the team....why this should get better with such a mod ?

I tell you what happens...most people play one or two rounds....they get killed within seconds and ragequit.

Also the second server is needed if the first one is full which happens nearly all evening.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

AxonFlux

Post by AxonFlux » Sun 18 Mar , 2012 2:27 am

I've ran a freon BW and a conflict BW gametype recently, it's actually really fun. And yeah, it is reminiscent of the Call of Duty Search and Destroy gametype. Played in rounds, team with no players left loses.
"Men think epilepsy divine, merely because they do not understand it. We will one day understand what causes it, and then cease to call it divine. And so it is with everything in the universe." - Hippocrates (c. 460-377 B.C.E.)

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 18 Mar , 2012 3:18 am

The problem is that at OUR evening in US, the server is empty. So basically, in the morning - 6PM is when there are players. After that, the server is empty.
tumbleweed-LDG.png
tumbleweed-LDG.png (225.76 KiB) Viewed 2822 times

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 18 Mar , 2012 3:30 am

I hope you used MS Paint for that.

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Sun 18 Mar , 2012 12:20 pm

vasili111 wrote:I think many players will like Freon Heroic mode more than Original one, because of more tactical game and less spamming then than Original Freon.
I think many players will not like Freon Heroic mode more than Original one, because of more spamming and less tactical game then than Original Freon.

In that server people would play it as Instagib Last Man Standing, not Freon. Low HP and high damage weapons would turn it very soon into that. Now imagine your team having 25 HP at start (because of 5 - 0 score) and got eradicated quickly because an enemy randomly thew a buffed FP7. A disturbed flawless victory wouldn't be fun at all, right? Also, removing spammer's favorite weapons (CYLO UAW, M353, M925, A73) would lead to a mostly empty server.
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 18 Mar , 2012 3:19 pm

If you want tactical gameplay, then the weapons should do bonus damage to someone from behind, and half the damage they do now to someones front, or even less.

Then it's becomes less of a head on guns blazing shootout, and more of a team flanking play. A lot of the maps are not designed well for that though.