I'm NOT too old for this

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
UnForGiVeN

I'm NOT too old for this

Post by UnForGiVeN » Sat 07 Jul , 2012 5:54 pm

Hello everyone, some of you may know my username by now. I go by UnForGiVeN{DGS}(it's my tag from my older clan from 2004 to 2006 that I still go by out of respect) but I also went by Solid_Snake and Shinobi mainly in PIG(really fast instagib), zark(a specific CTF style gameplay using a sniper like gun) and then for a long time in deathball(a popular mod for ut2004). I'm a 32 year old American living overseas. That's as far as my background.

I just wanted to say hi and give thanks for the server, it's pretty well managed and well put overall.

I have nothing but love for those who play there, but as a former admin and a former UTAN member I find some concerns with a few things going there that are not of much concern but I feel the duty to sharemy thoughts with you on it:

1- As you know the server runs mainly now 2 types of gameplay: assault and race(an onslaught type mod). With it it brings the pro-AS and the pro-Race voting. My question is if you want it to be a popular vote like it's supposed to be now it has to stay that way or else anybody getting involved in the voting(especially admins) would interfere what is supposed to be a popular vote. meaning what the majority voted for.

2- The admins CAN NOT and I mean CAN NOT abuse their powers, especially in a pretty dying game as we know with the time and competition that came after it(the game is 8 years old after all). When I say not abuse their powers it involves: banning/kicking(duh!), spamming, unbalancing teams(like when someone wants to play with his clanmate but by doing this in an innocent way it may unbalance the game),...etc.

3- I only do this as giving my opinion and trying to put my input from an observer first then a what I hope it will be a long and stable relationship with others here and in the server. Don't take my notes personally, there is no perfect way to admin/manage a server or a forum. I did it for 7+ years, I know what I'm talking about :P

With that being said best of luck to you all and best continuation to your clan.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: I'm NOT too old for this

Post by iRobot » Sat 07 Jul , 2012 6:30 pm

Welcome to the forums.

(=

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: I'm NOT too old for this

Post by Azarael » Sat 07 Jul , 2012 7:01 pm

Hi. Admins never force a vote intentionally and we will kick or ban anyone who breaks any of the documented rules irrespective of politics or population factors. Those with admin/VIP rights may on occasion summon vehicles, on bad maps, with the following rules: 1) do not influence the game and 2) do not fire unless fired upon.