For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-SLTopia

Post by darkelf » Sat 08 Sep , 2012 10:20 pm

Map: RACE-SLtopia-beta

Editor:dark_elf

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1n6fwh41dzti301

Modifications: took away the crappy walls and just put blocking volumes around the map to prevent camping from base or long distance. Fixed spawn base to be more protected. replaced raptors with venom's. Other then that i didn't do much of anything else.

I still might need to make some changes. Was trying to find a better way of defending spawns from dimbo's in flying vehicles going into enemies spawns. I hate using sentinel's. But if i have to i guess i'll add them in..
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Re: RACE-SLTopia

Post by darkelf » Sat 08 Sep , 2012 10:24 pm

CRAP forgot sl topia is race and you do race on ldg completely different..

I'll have to fix obj's to be for 2 person complete both teams. Or should it just stay AS?

I don't know.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 08 Sep , 2012 10:30 pm

Not a bad start, some things that could be fixed/improved

-The red laser beam wall things, dont really look that aesthetically pleasing
-Still possible to bug the lift by standing on the edge of it, preventing anyone doing the objective ever
-Bridge still bounces back up if you stand under it
-Needs something to stop Mantas bypassing the Tank and Scorpion section
-Some kind of venom control, in large numbers it will become a farm fest
-Bridge made solid - jumping hellbenders will go right through it

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 08 Sep , 2012 11:37 pm

iRobot wrote:Not a bad start, some things that could be fixed/improved

-The red laser beam wall things, dont really look that aesthetically pleasing
-Still possible to bug the lift by standing on the edge of it, preventing anyone doing the objective ever
-Bridge still bounces back up if you stand under it
-Needs something to stop Mantas bypassing the Tank and Scorpion section
-Some kind of venom control, in large numbers it will become a farm fest
-Bridge made solid - jumping hellbenders will go right through it
.= Odd the mover should of been fixed.. guess it didn't take the save when i fixed it.. oh well ill fix that no biggy.. as far as vehicles going through movers.. thats a common problem not much can be done about it if a vehicle gets pushed in a certain way it will go through. sorry.

As far as mantas getting past the tank and scorpion section. I always liked being able to skip that part but yah sense this is ldg.. i guess i should fix that.. i hate to do it though just know this. ;"(

Venom control yah.. there used to get to the last obj.. so there is only 4 spawns instead of the 8 that was there by default.. So yah if they choose to camp instead of doing obj there isn't really much i can do about that other then have something coded to have the venom's loose health every 5 seconds. But thats to much to bother with.

oh and the red grid walls.. i struggled with what i wanted to do to show that you can't shoot through there for hours.. this was the option i came up with that wasn't to over powering.. i just can't find something that works well for this.. i could always just leave it invisible but then you wouldn't know where your boundaries where. Any suggestions would be great as i to hate how it is.. this was the best option for the time being.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 09 Sep , 2012 1:36 am

Venoms? I'm surprised.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 09 Sep , 2012 10:57 am

Azarael wrote:Venoms? I'm surprised.

yah i put those in cause they have that nice feature of blowing there selves up if you try and push kill instead of weapon kill with the vehicle.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 09 Sep , 2012 11:50 am

Odd the mover should of been fixed.. guess it didn't take the save when i fixed it.. oh well ill fix that no biggy.. as far as vehicles going through movers.. thats a common problem not much can be done about it if a vehicle gets pushed in a certain way it will go through. sorry.
Put a blocker that will move away when the objective is done, then you cant jump through it (=

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 09 Sep , 2012 2:04 pm

Well, the map has quite a number of issues. First, make sure you're using spawns / objs from LDGObjects.u (i.e maps marked as REV, such as new scorp coaster).

Aside from visual look (which I can fix when I get to it) and mover collisions / blocking volumes and glitches:

- It is generally a good idea to provide team-locked vehicles in RACE for mandatory vehicle switching and set instant respawn on them + make sure that they cannot be pushed.
- Benders are pretty useless here (as you switch to scorps very soon), I'd make it start with scorps right away, and you also can remove the blocking volumes around the parts with benders
- obj1: make two slower movers to be triggered by vehicles and remove the spawns up the track (too little of them)
- obj2: the tank part is nonworking, (slow tanks, farmable, just two spawns) I would place there scorps again
- obj2: Venoms are prison (VENOM tag for normal venom, if you don't have it in LDGObjects.ini, then add it with class name is VenomBL3.Venom),
farmable (I would make sure that Venom part is isolated for Venom vs Venom combat) and perhaps make the last obj be completed by Venom (i.e redesigned the obj ending). I could imagine the race would be zig-zag, i.e there are volumes that prevent you advancing directly, but you can shoot through them
- obj2: 4 Venoms in total is too low

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 10 Sep , 2012 11:44 am

Yah. Im not going to be able to do much with this map until the end of the month.. I have work shoved down my throat at the moment. Think my next day off isn't till the 25 of this month.

And this map needs a lot of help to be what it should of been. I'm going to start over from scratch. This map isn't really keep many aspects that make it sl topia sorry. It's going to be completely different.

blocking volume/crappy red texture-Yah im going to remove that. I hate it! I'm going to do what i should of done from the start. I'm going to put in some sky scrapper building mesh's around the map to prevent them from shooting other benders off with ease but they will still have those small gaps between buildings that they can see others are ahead of them.

Vehicle spawns: Yah some reason i couldn't find the hellbender tag to put in for vehicle spawns. Opened several maps and they all just use the normal vehicle spawn actor and set it to onslaught.onsprv. But besides that yah I still need to play around and fix those. Side note: yah i don't have the ldgobjects.ini sense the server has gone green. So i been opening maps from server trying to find what i need. Once i really put a solid work on this map and get it ready for server testing I'll probably jump on vent or message one you ldg admins to make sure i have the right tags for the nitro vehicles.

Tanks: yeah consider them gone.. there useless. Unless its assault and there defending in some fashion.

Last obj: I'm thinking about scrapping the mandatory flying to get to obj. Instead i'll add a driving course that will eventually tie into the last obj track that can be done with both bender or scorpion. Don't worry I plan on making the track simple which means I'll be putting a venom spawn for both red and blue teams most likely i'll just put a teleporter in each spawn with a mover over the teleporter and have the mover move after first obj is completed.

Second obj mover issiues: Yah my mind wasen't really working when i was editing this map.. Very stressful month for me so forgive me this edit was shit.. but its a shit map and i didn't really care much for what i was doing. back on topic sorry
Your idea will work and its what most racing/assault maps do. Making movers that you drive on is just asking for trouble yet some map makers still do it thinking all will be well. I'll just add a wall there in some fasion and have it move away once 1st obj is done that way all vehicles will be driving on bsp and not a mover. Hell mabey i'll put some random debreee there that blocks way and then make first obj about setting off dynamite the clear the way and i can do one of those crappy ut2004 mover animations with random sound and sparks and shit..I'm joking please dont' expect this.. It an't happening

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 28 Oct , 2013 1:30 pm

Map:
Author: Original mapper: SLT^Frase. UW Version by: W@r][SEPHIROTH. Race Convert by: dark_elfy

Change log:
-I scraped the idea of using the original map and used Sephiroth's revamped version. It has been converted to LDG race objectives. (Both teams attack)
-Spawn has benders along with quantum scorpions.
-1st obj is pretty much the same with the exception of the unnecessary vehicle swap. It now only has one vehicle swap which is the final down hill drive. (5 scorpions spawn)
-2nd obj has been converted to be bender/scorpion jump instead of using the manta. The tanks have been removed. Vehicles will do the whole path with vehicles from spawn point to the raptor spawn. Raptors (10 in total) are the last objective. Instead of drivng vehicle on short path to vehicle proximity last obj. It is a raptor proximity obj located behind spawn point. (This is how sephiroth did it. I figured might give it a try).
-Raptors health have been set to 300. (not sure if ldg race mod online overrides map preset health values) I did this to help prevent an easy capture. Two twin beam shots should take out raptors. I think... :?
-Secrets removed.(remember this map is a revamped version.. so it had lots of extras) Along with this multiple triggers for extra vehicles have been removed.. seriously it had a trigger for levi.. Wow i miss the troll days in race...

Screen shots:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?0gcc298vqkz8u99