RACE-SLTopia

For posting your maps.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE-SLTopia

Post by iRobot » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 12:28 pm

Could maybe have a mix of Hellbenders and Lololololcars. They've never been used together before so it would be new and exciting. (The two-shot pushback atlas, not the anti-air one)

Gives people a choice of Hellbender with strong gun and crappy shields or Lolcar with crap gun and toggleshields (amazing in the right hands)

I'd also alter the jumps on obj two to be bit more difficult, changing direction or something (=

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 3:23 pm

iRobot wrote:Could maybe have a mix of Hellbenders and Lololololcars. They've never been used together before so it would be new and exciting. (The two-shot pushback atlas, not the anti-air one)

Gives people a choice of Hellbender with strong gun and crappy shields or Lolcar with crap gun and toggleshields (amazing in the right hands)

I'd also alter the jumps on obj two to be bit more difficult, changing direction or something (=

Yah was already thinking lol cars now that you mentioned it im going to do them. As for changing up the second obj path.. I was considering this. I didn't want to change it up to much from what sl topia was meant to be.. I will give in a little and may put random holes to dodge on the last section before raptors.

20 min's or so and I'll have a working map for sever.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 3:44 pm

Oh and offtopic but I was just looking at your sig. Does UT2004 look good at 1440p?

Been thinking about a monitor upgrade. At 1080 only at the moment.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 5:06 pm

iRobot wrote:Oh and offtopic but I was just looking at your sig. Does UT2004 look good at 1440p?

Been thinking about a monitor upgrade. At 1080 only at the moment.
UT2004 looks better just cause the higher end monitors have amazing contrast/color. But it doesn't really change the fact that ut2004 is an old game so graphics wise its going to be the same as 1080. But in other games it really makes a huge difference.

Back to map.. I'm really struggling atm.. Im trying to increase the frame rate.. I have removed half of the static meshes and reduced the lighting... Its still averaging around 40 fps for me.. FOR ME! look at my specs in sig.. So yah.. Other then putting up ugly walls I'm going to be forced to make this a day time map just to make it higher fps.. I'm really at a loss as to what else I can do to fix this..

Either way..

Change Log:
-Replaced scorps in spawn to lol car stinger
-Replaced raptors with venom's (before it gets put on server can one of the admins make sure I got the end objective set up properly I can't test venom's on objs as I only have the land vehicles and nitro raptor set up for offline mode)
-Removed half the Lights and static meshes in an attempt to improve fps (also added sky zone to whole map so vehicles are lit)

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1qqucq1ctqc5m6z
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 6:12 pm

Hmm, well I opened it on my laptop and had moderately good FPS (mostly 60, down to 40) and my laptop is by no means at all powerful.

Other than that I'm looking forward to see how it all runs on the server! It looks really good.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 6:15 pm

Hopefully its just on my end.. We shall see..

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 6:16 pm

FPS is low for a map of this simplicity, attempting to diagnose the problem...

EDIT: Map crashes if you tab down or change res.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 6:26 pm

You need to curb the number of vehicles directly visible to the player. They're costly to render even at a distance. Vehicles should be in zoned and antiportalled enclosures on a map like this. I should also mention that Venoms are probably higher poly than standard vehicles, so they're going to perform even worse if this isn't fixed.

Additionally, if I were you, I'd have changed the theme. Space maps are dog shit for optimisation because you can't fog them. This ideally needs terrain with antiportals inside and fog.

edit: lmfao

+Note
Text: dont even think of editing this map with out asking 1st!

ahahahahaha

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 6:31 pm

Azarael wrote:edit: lmfao

+Note
Text: dont even think of editing this map with out asking 1st!

ahahahahaha
wot

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 6:32 pm

There's a Note actor in the map. The message in a Note actor appears when you rebuild the map. I assume the original author was pathetic enough to think his creation was worthy of such elaborate defensive measures to prevent editing.

With no vehicles present, the map gives 120fps end to end.