Assault Ladder

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

Do you want the skill of the players to be public or not?

Yes, make it public for everyone
49%
No, show only my own skill
No votes
No, don't show skill at all
51%

Total votes: 35

proof
Banned

Re: Assault Ladder

Post by proof » Fri 03 May , 2013 1:37 am

How should I know if the player I am killing is experienced or not? There is no name above their head and they are all a very green looking gorge for me. Now youre telling me that I am only allowed to kill good players? Thats ridiculous
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 03 May , 2013 1:47 am

I actually meant intentional farming on lowskillers by targeting areas where they mostly occur and get surprised by your attack despite we're away from the objective, or that's how I understood what Socio said.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 03 May , 2013 2:07 am

lol? Thats not what I do. I am taking a spot where I have an open view to the area near the objectives and kill the ppl who are getting close to it. Doesnt matter who it is, I just try to kill everyone. I dont concentrate on any specific group of players. No one can say hes surprised if he gets killed near the objective...

Ill make a few screenshots of where my positions are on the two maps I "camp" the most, then you can judge. Hold on a sec.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 03 May , 2013 2:54 am

Ok so while I was taking the screenshots I realized that Hera as well as Mercury are both made by Socio. Now that hes complaining about those camp spots is ridiculous.
Its just like giving a child some empty sheets of paper and some pencils and tell him "if you draw something nice with these pencils on those sheets Im going to punish you really bad by telling your brother to take an edding and make a big fat black line on those drawings." (In case you dont understand this: Socio is the person providing sheets and pencils, I am the child, Izumo is the brother. The empty sheets of paper are my camp spots, the pencils are Lightninggun/health/ammo, my drawings are my skill-level and the edding is the +1000 deaths).

Here are the screenshots:

My first two camp spots and my supplies for those on Hera:

My second camp spot plus supplies on Hera:

My third and already last camp spot and supplies on Hera:

My first camp spot plus supplies on Mercury:

My second and last camp spot plus supplies on Mercury:

On all other ojectives and maps I am not camping at all but defending like everyone else does. If I am simply too good to die in the situations I am not camping then blame the lowskilled players for it, not me.

And lastly 6 screenshots to show that I am not a noob who tries to farm other noobs in order to gain skill points on the server but that I am a pretty good player if I compare myself to the majority on the Racing/Assault server, that I deserve the high skill-level I had and that I am actually using Lightning Gun and Shock Rifle the most, not only for camping/farming/whatever you call it but also in TeamArenaMaster. So if Socio gives me a Lightning Gun + supplies to defend, I will of course use it. Or in other words, if you give a child empty sheets and pencils, it will most likely draw something with it. If you dont want that, take away the pencils or the sheets (camp spot or Lightning Gun + supplies) but dont punish me for using it.

Also, two videos of myself if thats not enough:

And if THATS not even enough then please give me the packages listed on this screenshot and I can make a short video of a demo I recorded on this server where I did a couple of "Holy Shits" in a row with the Lightning Gun and Double Damage while attacking the first objective on Holocorp. No single miss with the Lightning Gun (on close combat, no camping).

//

I just searched on my PC for videos I recorded once in order to make a fragmovie and found two short sequences which show my aim which I just uploaded to youtube:

Now all this combined should be evidence enough that I am innocent and Socio is just complaining too much and that I deserve the skill-level I had and that I do NOT deserve the punishment you gave me, Izumo.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 03 May , 2013 10:52 am

So you're only allowed to kill people who are at the objective now?

Ludicrous, bottom line is, he is killing attackers. That's the whole point of defense.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 03 May , 2013 11:01 am

I myself punished based on reports, so I can't debate about the actual "def frm" that happened. That's up to Socio or Aza to debate.

@iRobot: I see what I said about the "def frm" just like when you frm on att by "clearing the area w/o progressing on the obj". Your usefulness is to the team converges to 0. That's why I called that gaming the skill system.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 03 May , 2013 11:05 am

Well as I mentioned earlier, I do the same, as do most defenders, so throw 1000 at me too.

It's no different from camping on defense with twin beams, except you have a LG instead. With TB, you will aim at unsuspecting people.

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Fri 03 May , 2013 12:41 pm

In my opinion, farming is only when an attacker kills defenders nearby spawn points, instead of the ones really trying to defend (even though there exist particular cases as in ScrapMetal when some genius decides to camp with the tank).

On a side note, I've always considered changing all the skins to fluorescent Gorge as a sort of cheap kind of cheat. .=

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 03 May , 2013 12:56 pm

ZioFede wrote:In my opinion, farming is only when an attacker kills defenders nearby spawn points, instead of the ones really trying to defend (even though there exist particular cases as in ScrapMetal when some genius decides to camp with the tank).

On a side note, I've always considered changing all the skins to fluorescent Gorge as a sort of cheap kind of cheat. .=
All skins have the same hitbox so there is no advantage gained, it's all a mental placebo.

Also, you can't farm with vehicles, plus Scrap is a spam map so not counted anyway.

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Fri 03 May , 2013 1:14 pm

Mmh well I call it farming since you are raising your kills toe, I didn't know it's called farming only when you are doing that to improve your net/skill stats.
iRobot wrote:
ZioFede wrote:In my opinion, farming is only when an attacker kills defenders nearby spawn points, instead of the ones really trying to defend (even though there exist particular cases as in ScrapMetal when some genius decides to camp with the tank).

All skins have the same hitbox so there is no advantage gained, it's all a mental placebo.
Well it's still a visual advance if not everybody sees each other as fluorescent dudes megusta . At least it's how I see it.
Last edited by ZioFede on Fri 03 May , 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-