moar admin h8

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
techstyle

Re: moar admin h8

Post by techstyle » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 12:18 am

Azarael wrote:The question above is simply whether you understood that if you continued to act in the way the administrator took umbrage to, action would be taken. I assume that if you had strongly disagreed with the idea that admins are entitled to ban anyone if they give a warning and the offending behavior continues, you would have objected there and then. You gave him an "OK" or similar reply though.
the time of the appeal is after the action is taken regardless of ""OK" or similar reply though" or not, i dont have time to say during the game everything i posted nor i even thought it would get to the point where we would have to post an appeal... a word is a word and is not prohibited to say.. all i say is the mute is unfair and should be lifted due to the details shown in the previous posts and the specific in-game chat statement that proves it was a "mistake"(some call it miscommunication), therefore i assume thats what u meant by "OK" or similar reply though" and come to the conclusion to ask for the lift of the mute, given the fact that the rule in question was not yet properly explained at the time of incident and the possible miscommunication between admin and user. 8-)
" i refuse to feel guilty for not measuring up to someone elses standard of who i should be... "
" dont hate the rule rider, hate the rules... "
" weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed "
" fruity smelly tasty nuggz "
" erm nuggz "
xD

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 12:29 am

Can you provide any valid reasoning for saying 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed'?

If you can, then you'd have grounds for argument. Otherwise, it's just shitposting and annoys everyone.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 12:37 am

I don't think anything was misunderstood. The administrator stated how things were going to be, and you understood him since you asked if "w33d" was legal, which I would personally have considered to be taking the piss a bit. Later, you say wee[e...]d again and tell him you forgot. For me, that's acceptance.

techstyle

Post by techstyle » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 1:08 am

Azarael wrote:I don't think anything was misunderstood. The administrator stated how things were going to be, and you understood him since you asked if "w33d" was legal, which I would personally have considered to be taking the piss a bit. Later, you say wee[e...]d again and tell him you forgot. For me, that's acceptance.
valid reason for weeeeeeeeeeeed = because its a normal word in the dictionary and more ppl than me say it, anyway if it annoys 5 ppl @ most id b suprised u can multiply the amount of ppl that do smoke weed and add to that the ppl that arent hating and that plain "dont give a shit" n we can see we have a pretty good "overall" idea of the general thinking on the issue.

its like saying any1 admin has a dead mother due to a drunk driver and now every person that mentions alcohol in the chat is muted or a rule made to ban alcohol n all related speech about it just because sum idiot did what idiots do which isnt any fault of the regular users of the server.

weed and any other related speech is normal unless you are trying to appeal to a <10yr old player audience.
it is a keybind for some like anyother "cool to me" thing that ppl bind.

and aza,
i understood what u meant in my ""OK" or similar reply though" and thats fine
lets say i "understood" at the time...
the fact that i understood what he meant at the time (which we all know and see it wasnt clear), doesnt mean that i agree that what he proposed was fair in nature due to the rules provided and i made a later "mistake" to say the momentarily banned illegal word causing him to determine at the time a mute was fit and then me post an appeal about the action taken .
and yes u are right i was "takin the piss a bit" because i felt i was treated unfairly when i "understood" what he suggested as a fair cause for the mute. sorry i am human but i do enjoy following the rules to the best of my abilities and everyone is entitled to that aswell.
" i refuse to feel guilty for not measuring up to someone elses standard of who i should be... "
" weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed "
" erm nuggz "
xD

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 1:32 am

You're strawmanning a bit here. The position is not that you cannot talk about drugs, although there's a reasonable argument for taking such a position. The admins simply don't like it when almost everything you say is "weed", "fruity nuggz" or some other reference to marijuana, commonly said for no real reason. If I were to join and say, for example, "teddy bears", "fluffy bearz", "Steiffffffff" all the time and for no real reason, then fail to stop on request, I'd expect to get a mute too.

techstyle

Post by techstyle » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 1:40 am

Azarael wrote:You're strawmanning a bit here. The position is not that you cannot talk about drugs, although there's a reasonable argument for taking such a position. The admins simply don't like it when almost everything you say is "weed", "fruity nuggz" or some other reference to marijuana, commonly said for no real reason. If I were to join and say, for example, "teddy bears", "fluffy bearz", "Steiffffffff" all the time and for no real reason, then fail to stop on request, I'd expect to get a mute too.

like everything, its all subject to manipulation and to the point of view taken for personal convenience from the person taking action, lets not cover the sky with one hand here, im not the only person that says any random saying, so saying anything at any given point purely for personal satisfaction is legal as long as its within the rules posted and its not REPEATEDLY said causing it to be SPAM which we all know is prohibited...
" weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed "
" erm nuggz "
xD

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 4:03 am

Recommend not feeding the troll and locking the topic. Think admins have made it perfectly clear the reason and rules of server.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

techstyle

Post by techstyle » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 4:40 am

darkelf wrote:Recommend not feeding the troll and locking the topic. Think admins have made it perfectly clear the reason and rules of server.
do as u see fit, not like u havent done so already, if it remains it remains, opinion was voiced action was taken ohwell if it wasnt lifted ; D
" weeeeeeeeeeeeeeed "
" erm nuggz "
xD

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 6:30 am

techstyle wrote:saying anything at any given point purely for personal satisfaction is legal as long as its within the rules posted and its not REPEATEDLY said causing it to be SPAM which we all know is prohibited...
Country law is not server law. The server is considered private property and the right to deny anyone access can be used for any reason. "Stop when an admin tells you to stop" is one major common sense rule which applies everywhere.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 6:55 am

Azarael wrote: Country law is not server law. The server is considered private property and the right to deny anyone access can be used for any reason. "Stop when an admin tells you to stop" is one major common sense rule which applies everywhere.
/lock