22%
suck
50%

Total votes: 18

Jester

Re: Bug Report Topic / Invasion Discussion

Post by Jester » Tue 30 Sep , 2014 8:33 pm

Oh sorry then.

But IMO about the self-damage, I find it normal. If you fire near you with a LAW/Conqueror/other super weapon, you'll get a self-damage (or instant kill for the LAW if too much near).

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Tue 30 Sep , 2014 8:46 pm

Looks like its the iron sighting thing, you have to zoom into telescope mode to fire the HAMR now or you get damage because the muppets in BW keep gaming the system so we get to share the pain because there's no distinction between BW & Invasion .

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 30 Sep , 2014 10:38 pm

Let's all sit down and have a group reading session (;
Fixed some super weapons that worked with magic modifying artifacts
Fixed boss titles
Replaced dragons with Advanced Seekers
Reverted infinity to 0% damage
The small monkey monster now carries an A42, the robot suit monkey carries a Raygun
Removed Magician Krall due to issues
Made another attempt at alternating waves
Reverted enchantment restrictions of super weapons with the exception of the LAW
There is so much to read, where do we start? :))))) We can begin with the ability awareness. Strange, it doesn't say anything about awareness :o. In the last line of the second quote, the author mentions that enchantment restrictions of super weapons were reverted, which means that he allowed said weapons to be enchanted with the magic weapon maker. Interestingly enough, nothing is mentioned about infinity being reverted. :o :o :o

As our group reading session comes to an end, we can deduce that nothing really changed. ^^

Edit: I understand that some of the words are difficult in this message, so I made it easy to look up the definitions of some words that may be difficult for some. Just click on the word and it goes to the word's definition joinha

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 30 Sep , 2014 11:56 pm

Yes, those muppets in BW keep "gaming the system" in order to have a consistent weaponset regardless of which gametype is in play. You already have to aim conventional sniper rifles to hit anything. The HAMR is merely the explosive version.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 02 Oct , 2014 10:01 am

Just creafe OLDZ for BW and put it to INV server to make INV happy. Then we're one step closer to getting it to BW PRO server.

trollface

Satin

Post by Satin » Thu 02 Oct , 2014 12:32 pm

As I said to another player last nigh, I think the root of the problem (apart from Caly changing .ini files and breaking stuff) is that balance passes are designed for BW, rather than Invasion and sometimes the changes affect Invasion adversely. In an ideal world there would be separate configs for both game types.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 02 Oct , 2014 1:29 pm

Nobody cares about weapon balance in Invasion. As in, literally, nobody cares. It's PvE. The A500 dominated the Invasion server for months without the slightest complaint.

One of my aims with BallisticPro was to create a version of BW that would be consistent regardless of where it was played. Hence, it's not being forked just because someone doesn't like the HAMR hipspam nerf.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 02 Oct , 2014 1:52 pm

On the other hand, it's a 5 min fix to make that configurable.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 02 Oct , 2014 2:03 pm

The monsters care if the guns are OP. They should be given a voice, like Sentitel, so they can voice their concerns over balance.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 02 Oct , 2014 2:15 pm

>configuration options for innate weapon handling

No

They should be aiming the HAMR anyway, which makes me think that most Invasion players are spamming hipfire. This'll be an education.