RACE-WickedSickRace Winners' Club

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: RACE-WickedSickRace Winners' Club

Post by bOnO » Mon 29 Apr , 2013 1:36 pm

Oh come on, it doesn`t mean all maps must be low level... We can keep a few challenging map. I remember this change being made by Darkelf just before I started to have less time to play, and I also found it too easy so not interesting to play anymore. You can modify it, but why remove all the interesting parts ?! Or put both versions online.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Mon 29 Apr , 2013 1:44 pm

You want hard Trial-Race? Race kids already bitch and moan over WickedSickRace and that one is like 2-3mins of one track srsly
Lets aim for the basic toddler demographic of race players, flat tracks, simple jumps = OMGBESTRACEEVAH omg
iRobot wrote: Loops? Gone
Traintrack balancing? Gone
Coloured mines? Gone
There was only one loop, which was glitchy, not saying the current ones are better, the volumes in them had me eject from the Scorpion onto the top of the loop, and without a car I had to suicide (ok
There was no real balance bars in Coaster (guessing you count the "grate" after the first turn in the old version, also those were easy anyways, since short + jumping Scorpion), the only maps that use those are Blazing, HappyScorpion 3rd obj and LegoPyra 4th objective.
Dont really remember and HBRace styled mines on the road in the old Coaster version.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 29 Apr , 2013 1:46 pm

Those were just examples, but it further even proves my point that they've been made 'even easier' when they were easy already.

Besides, NV should be disabled in trials maps. Nitro/air control removes any and all challenge.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 29 Apr , 2013 2:45 pm

The vast majority of players couldn't even complete the old version of Blazing Scorpions with Nitro / air control. I find air control to be an invaluable tool in combatting random bullshit which can happen when you land with Unreal Engine 2 vehicles and I would be disappointed to see it removed on trial scorpions.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 29 Apr , 2013 3:37 pm

iRobot wrote:Why is the new scorp coaster so easy now? All the parts with any challenge are gone lol

Loops? Gone
Traintrack balancing? Gone
Coloured mines? Gone

All the while everything else has been made wider/shorter/easier.

For a trials map, it's kinda a procession to the finish now.

bOnO wrote:Oh come on, it doesn`t mean all maps must be low level... We can keep a few challenging map. I remember this change being made by Darkelf just before I started to have less time to play, and I also found it too easy so not interesting to play anymore. You can modify it, but why remove all the interesting parts ?! Or put both versions online.
Socio wrote:You want hard Trial-Race? Race kids already bitch and moan over WickedSickRace and that one is like 2-3mins of one track srsly
Lets aim for the basic toddler demographic of race players, flat tracks, simple jumps = OMGBESTRACEEVAH omg
There was only one loop, which was glitchy, not saying the current ones are better, the volumes in them had me eject from the Scorpion onto the top of the loop, and without a car I had to suicide (ok
There was no real balance bars in Coaster (guessing you count the "grate" after the first turn in the old version, also those were easy anyways, since short + jumping Scorpion), the only maps that use those are Blazing, HappyScorpion 3rd obj and LegoPyra 4th objective.
Dont really remember and HBRace styled mines on the road in the old Coaster version.
http://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6& ... =10#p15628
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Kennie

Post by Kennie » Fri 30 Aug , 2013 9:53 pm

Cannot recall if this was < 5min, but am I the only member of this club so far ?!

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 30 Aug , 2013 10:38 pm

congrats, very few players finish this map

its the most difficult on the server

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 30 Aug , 2013 11:49 pm

Oh damn, the map is extremelly hard, only 4% of the players ever finished it so far
trollface

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 31 Aug , 2013 12:09 am

Not bad, try < 3 min now and you'll be in the club fuck_yeah
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 31 Aug , 2013 12:25 am

I think we should just remove this map, it's pretty much impossible to beat