12%
I only want OLDZ
35%

Total votes: 26

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Megafun

Post by iRobot » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 4:57 pm

A little confusion is no problem. I'd say the confusion of RACE players (a staple gametype on LDG for years) suddenly joining and finding hellbenders do absurd knockback and arguably overpowered scorpions, is just as great.

If you insisted on no confusion, you could simply have [Megafun] and [Standard] versions of maps during the OLDZ period, much like you have [Dragonfly] etc.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 5:12 pm

There actually was AntiTCC message informing you about the knockback. Indeed there was some confusion at the beginning (which is always there), mainly about HB maps got removed from OLDZ and got replaced by Megafun Solobenders in RACE. The confusion cause by mixing is rather meant that:
1) The [Megafun] would be next to the gametype, not map
2) Each map could be either played as normal or megafun, and then disabled for both (which would suck, but is logical on the other hand)
3) Confusion in voting as maps are voted for each gametype separately, and people are not used to that on AS / RACE
4) A bit of annoyance to those who would want to play Megafun, but would be stuck with RACE if that got voted here and there, when it can be played for the rest of the month

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 5:16 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:4) A bit of annoyance to those who would want to play Megafun, but would be stuck with RACE if that got voted here and there, when it can be played for the rest of the month
There is annoyance to those who don't want to play it. Which creates a situation where people who are donating and paying for the server, are pushed away from playing on it for one whole weekend every month.

Depending on person, they may only be able to play at the weekends which means you're robbing 25% of their play time from them by not giving a choice.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 5:22 pm

Sure we can't please everyone. But the case you describe is quite specific though.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 5:25 pm

Well it was taken from the fact that the two people opposing it on the poll are both donators.

Besides, there is no 'Megafun only' playerbase. It is populated by the same players who have, and would continue, to play RACE if it was all there was.

Simply allowing both is surely the solution here.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 5:32 pm

Bono does not donate for server run. A few things would have to change first in the voting to resolve issues stated in points 1) - 3). Also sure we don't have 'Megafun only' playerbase, but I would say most of the players in favour of Megafun RACE would prefer to play Megafun during the weekend, and not what they can play the other time. I myself would generally be against allowing Standard RACE alongside Megafun RACE.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 5:39 pm

Ah, my apologies. I thought you said previously the server was paid for by admins (implies all) and donators.

I don't see the issue with both. To draw another example, both regular assault and OLDZ assault are playable at the same time.

Why would people get confused over Megafun and RACE when people don't get confused over AS-Gasoline and OLDZ-Gasoline?

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 5:41 pm

It is paid by admins, but not all of them. For the confusion, I've said that in previous post. In a nutshell both are prefixed RACE and yet the gametype is voted separately. A situation not very well handled by the voting right now. Besides I wonder if other players from the Megafun camp would be against standard RACE enabled alongside.

btw. I thought Jate is an AS player actually.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 5:44 pm

Then if you wish to maintain Megafun, perhaps just create a new gametype with the prefix 'MegaFun'?

Might require a few map edits sure, but you have almost a month to do it till the next OLDZ weekend

trollface

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 09 Jul , 2013 5:48 pm

I don't want to dismiss Jate or Bono, but I really find the motion for standard RACE alongside Megafun RACE too low now.