HMC Photon Cannon

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
focus

HMC Photon Cannon

Post by focus » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 3:17 pm

I think, healing rate of Photon Cannon should be improved significantly.
Player with it now do not help his team much. Idea is that to make him able to ressurect quickly lots of frozen teammates, in order to influence flow of the game.
To do that, i think, he should be able to unfreeze player from 0% till 100% in a matter of only 2-3 seconds. Now, it takes much longer. Playing in DM-Rail, this time is prohibitively long. Usually, you will get killed, while unfreezing your teammate.

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Re: HMC Photon Cannon

Post by Jiffy » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 3:24 pm

focus wrote:I think, healing rate of Photon Cannon should be improved significantly.
Player with it now do not help his team much. Idea is that to make him able to ressurect quickly lots of frozen teammates, in order to influence flow of the game.
To do that, i think, he should be able to unfreeze player from 0% till 100% in a matter of only 2-3 seconds. Now, it takes much longer. Playing in DM-Rail, this time is prohibitively long. Usually, you will get killed, while unfreezing your teammate.
Dat's true, it would let you do 50% of a player before overheating, so that means having to do it twice. Also you cannot do it after 96%.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 3:35 pm

focus wrote:I think, healing rate of Photon Cannon should be improved significantly.
Long range thawing capabilities of 2-3 seconds only. Yeah...

Everyone would swap to this.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 3:47 pm

HMC should get its original pushing.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 3:53 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:HMC should get its original pushing.
This, A49 doesn't punish you and is one click only and easy to do. HMC required actually some aim to push/pull effectively.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 3:58 pm

Horsecrap. The A49 shockwave is a close range attack. You and Izumo ruined entire games with the HMC push because of its incredible range, lack of recoil and uncounterable effect once you were in the air.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 4:07 pm

If the map has environmental hazards then who are you to decide whether we can or can't take advantage of that?

The map maker obviously intended it to be a pitfall.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 4:27 pm

Or the map maker didn't thought that people would be stupid enough to push people off the cliff for "fun" and actually kill them.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 4:28 pm

Not buying that, even the simplest UT2004 map, Gael, uses a pitfall as it's centerpiece.

TrainingDay does too, somewhat.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Thu 22 Aug , 2013 4:35 pm

So they designed a map so people can be pushed. But only the Shield Gun can push right?

I don't know but I doubt the map makers back in 200x were aware that players would be able to use the HMC to push people off the cliff.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael