HMC Photon Cannon

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: HMC Photon Cannon

Post by Butcher » Tue 27 Aug , 2013 3:39 pm

Tried HMC and I felt it was weak against any opponent in general. Its very good for team support, but in overtime is useless. What about letting secondary have more damage in push/pull mode, but not more push/pull strength. And in healing mode, to stay with the current damage.
(=
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 27 Aug , 2013 5:30 pm

What about removing the push/pull altogether and buffing the damage considerably to compensate.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 27 Aug , 2013 5:42 pm

Poor man's VPR.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 27 Aug , 2013 6:00 pm

iRobot wrote:What about removing the push/pull altogether and buffing the damage considerably to compensate.
I have no issue with this, but I do not use the push/pull modes when I use the HMC. Definitively, you do not kill easy with the secondary damage as is. Nonetheless, healing ray is quite advantageous because you just shoot to the crowd, making your mates heal and your opponents die without needing to aim or distinction. I would say a healing mode that heals your mates and your opponents too and a damage mode that makes damage to your opponent and to you with the FF.

The only use of push/pull was to throw people into their deaths, which is to farm easy kills in a hazardous map... I've never seen someone use it like to push him close and knife him, or push them away when they come with melee...Game is too fast for these. Or to place team mates in strategical places cause of RFF... (like the gravity weapon in another game, where you could take objects and throw them)
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 27 Aug , 2013 6:31 pm

Azarael wrote:Poor man's VPR.
I said considerably. The VPR's laser shouldn't be too good anyway, as it's a gun that covers all ranges with its fire types and has a fooking broken primary fire when in standard.

pupimassa

Post by pupimassa » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 11:43 am

As I remember well Butch, yesterday on the Comet map I pushed you towards me and knifed:)But must say it doesnt happen so often.
Anyway, push/pull mode is great even its weak. What I rly like about hmc is its variability and that should stay how it is. If you spend some time playing with it, you'll get some frags, especially using primary pulse.
So I repeat my opinion, that what can help balance hmc to other weapons is increase beams dmg a bit and leave firemodes same as now.)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 3:12 pm

Xavious suggested allowing the weapon to deploy a forcefield.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 3:28 pm

I have a lengthy draft reply to him after he requested feedback/suggestions. The ability to push people to their doom is not included.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 5:51 pm

Actually, Push/Pull can remain if it has some interaction/synergy with the deployable. I do like the Push/Pull personally, but I won't try to dictate what it should have.