BW Skillz

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.

BW Skillz?

Yes - I love to have fun
38%
No - I hate to have fun
62%

Total votes: 21

iXtl

Re: BW Skillz

Post by iXtl » Fri 13 Sep , 2013 3:47 pm

Skaldy wrote:
And BW forced me to get a Razer Taipan recently, which is a symmetrical multi-button mouse. Without Sprint & Sights you can't survive.
I prefer mouses with the buttons on the top. My previous was Logitech G300, current is Genius Gila. Gila is pretty heavy mouse (G300 was much lighter), with plenty of buttons (almost half of which I had to turn off due to unwanted actions). Independent X and Y axis DPI setting is also a pro.
About sprint..it seems to work for me, but cannot be sure if always, due to strange mapping in Gila - cannot simply map "key pressed" to button, but must record a macro: key pressed, pause, key depressed.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 13 Sep , 2013 4:11 pm

Azarael wrote:I bet you both tried to bind it manually. That doesn't work.
Manually? I press "esc", open the menu, I go to ballistic binds, set the sprint as all the other key assignments (reload,weapon mode.. etc) that work just fine.
Sprint doesn't work properly in my case. It works just once per round and not always, it seems to be dependent on my weapon loadout because when I use the CYLO doesn't work but when I use the M46 it does, once and only once in the round.

Such problem I had with the invasion binds too, was not recognizing the menu or reload... Had to manually search and erase all related to invasion in the cache.ini file to set it to work without loosing my BW settings. And it stops working if I use the same key bind for the menu for BW and invasion servers. Kinda weird!
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Fri 13 Sep , 2013 4:55 pm

Butcher wrote:ballistic binds
Wow - I'm glad I've never had any of those problems.

Maybe because I've never even looked at the ballistic binds screen - I just edited the User.ini directly:

Code: Select all

LeftMouse=AltFire
MiddleMouse=SwitchWeaponMode|OnRelease WeaponModeRelease
RightMouse=Fire
Mouse4=Mutate BStartSprint|OnRelease Mutate BStopSprint
Mouse5=ScopeView|OnRelease ScopeViewRelease
GreySlash=Reload|OnRelease ReloadRelease
Q=WeaponSpecial|OnRelease WeaponSpecialRelease
W=WeaponSpecial 1|OnRelease WeaponSpecialRelease 1

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 13 Sep , 2013 6:05 pm

You had to look on Ballistic Binds inside ESC menu, it will prompt you the first time you join the server. Ballistic binds will automatically also override whatever you use in User.ini on the specified keys.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 13 Sep , 2013 6:42 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:You had to look on Ballistic Binds inside ESC menu, it will prompt you the first time you join the server. Ballistic binds will automatically also override whatever you use in User.ini on the specified keys.
Sure, I did that... the funny thing is that some days ago I wanted to set a different key for one of the key binds and accidentally pressed twice the bind with the mouse, so the left mouse button was bind to the function (was the throw weapon) and then any of the mouse clicks were not working, so then I pressed esc to have the menu and set the settings in the menu but it changed the key bind to ESCAPE. D=
Because the keys were overwritten I had no access to the menu or to any weapon's primary fire... I had an enchanted plasma cannon and a super cool weapon layout, had to quit the UT and change the *.ini file manually ;"(

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 13 Sep , 2013 6:47 pm

Ever heard of console?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 13 Sep , 2013 7:18 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Ever heard of console?
u mean like ps3? i got one

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Sat 14 Sep , 2013 3:53 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Ever heard of console?
do you know the commands for opening the menus from the console?... I've asked for this several times, with no answer whatsoever... :)

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Sat 14 Sep , 2013 4:54 pm

I think izumo is rather talking about binding keys via console:

for example:

set input esc showmenu

Beside that you can open the ballistic menu by writing "ballistic" in console, "showmenu" for the menu or "mymenu" for utcomp.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

pilau

Post by pilau » Sat 12 Jul , 2014 2:41 pm

Capaco wrote:ye iremember u i guess, but whats ur nick on server? didnt see any pilau for ages..
Yeah, I check in from time to time, every couple of weeks or so. I do use "pilau" on the server too :)