Instead of Jailbreak...

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
reload

Instead of Jailbreak...

Post by reload » Tue 10 Sep , 2013 5:54 am

How about the Mutant gametype?
The Mutant Deathmatch variation is where the first person to kill becomes the Mutant; a player with a starting 199 health and 150 shield, increased running speed, higher jumps, and 999 ammo for every standard weapon. After this, every player (with one exception) can only try and kill the Mutant, but in turn the Mutant can kill every other player. The person who lands the killing shot will then become the Mutant. The exception is the Bottom Feeder, the person with the lowest score. They can also kill other players. And, like a normal Deathmatch, the first person to reach the required amount of points or has the highest score when time runs out wins.
It sounds pretty fun.

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Re: Instead of Jailbreak...

Post by Jiffy » Tue 10 Sep , 2013 8:34 am

Gungame is already in the works.

Mutant isnt that good.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 10 Sep , 2013 10:34 am

What we really need is (a balancer) BW bombing run.

pupimassa

Post by pupimassa » Tue 10 Sep , 2013 11:37 am

Mutant would easily become a most annoying game ever (played on BW server) caused of some high-skilled macho becoming a mutant.)
Imagine game with 10+ players, you'll get killed even dont know how (mutant is invisible, isnt it?) and then all you can do is just wait and spectate - even JB (on a good map) is much more balanced and fun. I personally like it and every nonfreon game is welcome:)

Bombing run or Double domination - thats what we need here!

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Post by Jiffy » Tue 10 Sep , 2013 5:47 pm

pupimassa wrote:Mutant would easily become a most annoying game ever (played on BW server) caused of some high-skilled macho becoming a mutant.)
Imagine game with 10+ players, you'll get killed even dont know how (mutant is invisible, isnt it?) and then all you can do is just wait and spectate - even JB (on a good map) is much more balanced and fun. I personally like it and every nonfreon game is welcome:)

5 minute Single Domination. troll2

*can be in teams or not*

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 10 Sep , 2013 5:51 pm

We need something new and exciting to LDG, not these boring stock gametypes (except BR, BR is cool)

How about a mode where you spawn in teams like Freon, except each round you only have one life and when you freeze you cannot be thawed.

We could call it, Cooperative Unreal No Thawing, or it's abbreviation.

pupimassa

Post by pupimassa » Tue 10 Sep , 2013 6:26 pm

still unfriendly for a player which dies a lot - and that's the majority of players here and same by me:))
noobs will leave after two deaths, others will be bored and only few pros will have fun probably.)

I think the goal is to keep server alive with a lot of active players and therefore DM, TDM and Freon work great, JB is 50/50.
Bombing run, Double domination or CTF with BW - that would be attractive enough and its fun for everyone. Quick spawns, no long spectating if you don't want to, thats the point.)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 10 Sep , 2013 7:05 pm

He's referring to Team Arena Master, an immensely popular gametype.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 10 Sep , 2013 7:23 pm

Azarael wrote:He's referring to Team Arena Master, an immensely popular gametype.
No I wasnt, it's a new intellectual property. Cooperative Unreal No Thawing, taking the game to the next level.

reload

Post by reload » Wed 11 Sep , 2013 5:16 am

pupimassa wrote:Mutant would easily become a most annoying game ever (played on BW server) caused of some high-skilled macho becoming a mutant.)

I see your point now. It sounded like a good idea last night. (=
iRobot wrote:What we really need is (a balancer) BW bombing run.
Yeah, BR sounds like it would be a lot of fun.