AS- 666(Ultra)LevelerRace)o(PreFinal

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: AS- 666(Ultra)LevelerRace)o(PreFinal

Post by darkelf » Wed 18 Sep , 2013 6:00 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote: I to be simply ... Illuminating?
trollface

Illuminating sure.

How about Idiotic
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 26 Sep , 2013 2:16 pm

I have played to the map and imo there would be some improvements to do: (the map is on the server)

- Fix the death bug: when you die, you're trapped as a ghost and you have to suicide yourself again to be able to respawn
- Remove the invisible walls: It's frustrating to have a flying bender potentially able to go anywhere on the map and being blocked by some random walls. Or make them visible (maybe like the blue walls of IndustrialRace?)
- Add some holes here and there to fly to avoid them :)
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 26 Sep , 2013 2:27 pm

Probably make the walls opaque/solid, improves performance for people with weaker PC if you antiportal plus it makes it very clear you can't fly there ;)

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 26 Sep , 2013 8:19 pm

Of greater concern is that most of the objectives only respond to one team, damn. I guess I need to replace all the objectives.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 26 Sep , 2013 8:52 pm

Oh, yup - that's necessary. I've supposed you've read the proper way to do it here: http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=850 (about objectives, vehicle factories etc.)

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 26 Sep , 2013 10:00 pm

Don't worry, I did read the proper way of doing things beforehand. I just didn't replace the majority of the objectives!

But it's all fixed: http://www.mediafire.com/?h755zldtvbvi9o4

I've also deleted the majority of the blocking volumes, except the ones around the final objective. As Bono said, they are frustrating and the number of objectives means that 'glitching' isn't really worthwhile. It should also stop the 'suicide' problem as the blocking volumes caused this.

Hopefully now both teams can get the objectives ...
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 06 Oct , 2013 11:09 am

Version 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?43tvnogrovhb2v4

Alterations:

* All blocking volumes have been deleted
* The number of objectives has been shortened, with more clarification on whether a vehicle is required to complete or not. The ability to teleport back to base once an objective has been completed has also been disabled (bar once).
* The 'crazy maze' and some other static meshes have been deleted (some have been left for 'decorative purposes'). - that bloody crazy maze took a chunk of the map wth it though, so that had to be rebuilt :(
* And to appease Izumo, I added some music ;)

One thing I couldn't alter was the 'killing zone' - it wouldn't budge, and I haven't a clue why.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 06 Oct , 2013 2:38 pm

KillZ in Level Properties. Marked by a red line in orthographic side / front views.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 06 Oct , 2013 3:39 pm

Azarael wrote:KillZ in Level Properties. Marked by a red line in orthographic side / front views.
Thank you!

Well, it seems to be completely bugged out. Changing the values doesn't do anything, and nor does changing the KillZ type: even on 'none' you still die (strangely enough, you end up dieing twice). Changing it isn't essential, but it lies just beneath the lowest pathway.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 06 Oct , 2013 3:53 pm

The red line moves instantly if the KillZ is changed.