cluex.org plans a big event for UT2004 in 2014!

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
ShX

cluex.org plans a big event for UT2004 in 2014!

Post by ShX » Mon 23 Sep , 2013 9:10 pm

In 2014, we will be (hoping) to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our beloved game. Closer to the holidays - June '14 exactly, cluex.org will try to provide an event worthy of that occassion - which will most likely be the biggest event in recent years.

Why would it be the biggest one? The tournament will be held over a period of 2 weeks, and accept many player sign-ups, so as to not disrupt valuable holiday time people.
The tournament will utilise a division system, which we dearly hope will enable players from multiple skill and experience levels play on an equal field; It's worth noting that this may also improve the quality of match ups. I will *try* to invite old-school, well-known players to fill division one (colloquially named "division zero"), complete with a few special rules. Each of the divisions will have 3 TOP players, which will be awarded prizes: money and possibly hardware. More info will be released later.

Last update: 18.09.2013

These are still just plans, however. To make this happen, I have started asking for monetary donations since July. At present, I have a small percentage of the overall goal (see above). At present, I don't want to to give out too much information on what the exact amount of money we are gathering is. The reason is the following: I believe that some people, after seeing the total prize pool would doubt that it could, or would, ever happen. I believe it's a high amount for UT2004, but it's not unreachable without YOUR help.

To make those plans happen I need support from the community. I would appreciate any help which would bring in more players to play in the aforementioned league, although I will fully admit that the one thing which would encourage most players (either old ones which have retired a long time ago, or the new ones) is money. If you like the idea and decide to support it, I would be really grateful for any donations you can spare. Any and all donations you can give will go a long way to bringing us closer to our goal and enable us to make the biggest online event for UT2004 on it's 10th anniversary happen! All donations will be mentioned in a list of donators, which is posted in here: http://cluex.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3163 The progress bar will be updated once every month.

To all prospective donators - the donations are payable via PayPal to my account: fifipiw1@gmail.com
If you do have any questions to be asked, feel free to compose a private message on cluex.org or send an email to fifipiw1@gmail.com

Thank you for reading this post. We at cluex.org look forward to seeing you participating on the 10th anniversary event!

Source: http://cluex.org/event

ShX

Re: cluex.org plans a big event for UT2004 in 2014!

Post by ShX » Thu 05 Dec , 2013 5:08 pm

It's a great pleasure to announce the very first in a series of showmatches, which will promote the next duel event that will take place in 2014. http://cluex.org/event.

We will have a fantastic opportunity to see two players that have featured heavily in UT2004 over the years, namely Falcon and Hypno, who have both approved the invitation to join division zero in the main duel tournament. Both have been relatively inactive in the competitive scene from around 2006, but after a number of years in retirement they have decided to pick their weapons up once more and join the battlefield! For laughs, for competition, for prizes – regardless of their reasons, it's a pleasure to see them playing once more.

The match will start around 20:00 CET / 19:00 GMT on 08.12.2013 (Sunday) and the event will be streamed, courtesy by cluex.org streaming champion Benczek and a motley crew of commentators including: miNo, ShX and skAven at http://twitch.tv/benczek. There will also be a UTV server for the event at utv.utzone.de:7777 and will be managed by all-round nice guy mRd.

The entrants will play 5 maps in the following order: Rankin - Lea - Sateca - RoughineryIronic. All these maps will played, regardless of whether or not one player wins the first 3 maps. Good luck, and have fun you two!

Note: This match is essentially a preview of how the 10 years of UT2004 tournament will look like. At this exact moment in time, I have managed to gather around 15 players who have been inactive competetively for 4 years or more, and they have agreed to play and be inducted into division zero. To make this tournament happen, we reached out to the community a few months ago to help us gather additional funds for the tournament prize-pool amount, and at the moment we are at 73.2% of our goal! Here's the list of the current donators: http://cluex.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3163

We would like to thank you very much for your aid in our endeavour and hopefully, by hosting this show-match, we will prove to you that we're heading in right direction. We still have a long way to go for our desire prize pool, so please, if you can spare it, could you please donate and help us make the 10 years of UT2004 event the best, brightest and biggest that cluex.org has ever hosted! To all prospective donators - the donations are payable via PayPal to account: fifipiw1@gmail.com

Good luck to the entrants and hopefully to see you either on stream or UTV or IRC.

Source: cluex.org/showmatch

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 05 Dec , 2013 5:13 pm

=D

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Thu 05 Dec , 2013 6:08 pm

omg
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

TheHunterZ

Post by TheHunterZ » Sat 07 Dec , 2013 1:39 am

rugeblack_face

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 08 Dec , 2013 8:30 pm

Due to personal problems of Hypno, the match is not going to happen tomorrow and will be scheduled on a different date. It's a sad message, due to fact that both players were preparing a lot (Proof #1 & Proof #2) last 2 weeks for the show-match. We are just hoping that everything is going to be fine at Gaspars side!

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Sun 08 Dec , 2013 8:46 pm

D=
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Sat 22 Mar , 2014 6:58 pm

will anyone sign up for this cup?

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 24 Mar , 2014 10:09 am

Donnie wrote:will anyone sign up for this cup?
only the mightiest... Robot? Aza? Capa? lol
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Mon 24 Mar , 2014 2:44 pm

Butcher wrote:
Donnie wrote:will anyone sign up for this cup?
only the mightiest... Robot? Aza? Capa? lol
I might trollface