Bobloblaw glitching

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
proof
Banned

Bobloblaw glitching

Post by proof » Wed 02 Oct , 2013 11:20 pm

shooting through the fence with a shock scorpion (not for the first time):

thank you!
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Bobloblaw glitching

Post by Azarael » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 12:24 am

Seen a number of people doing this. While it's definitely glitching and I've seen them doing it before, I can't remember whether we're banning for it and if not, why that is.

balkanraiser

Post by balkanraiser » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 12:33 am

glitching!!! not at all....everybody does that,sometimes u will see two or even three players camping there and shooting through...
Spec sometimes ppl playing on that map and you ll see more glitchings from more ppl....like spma bug etc......
And yes btw sometimes i do the same,maybe i should get ban as well but i see here only RAGE cos You were killed by Bobloblaw!
P.S.Next time pick up some noobs and use bender shield xD .... SoLo is shit :D

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 12:41 am

Sorry, but it's de facto glitching. When doing this, you can attack without receiving damage.

balkanraiser

Post by balkanraiser » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 12:56 am

Yes de facto glitch i saw today as well on pieronshouse map with a tank ( shooting on obj without receiving damage)
what shall i do printscreen and post it here for every de facto glitch :D Than lots of ppl should be banned...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 1:02 am

You only have to whack a few to keep the majority down. It's the same in real life.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 1:13 am

Perhaps I could make a quick fix for this? Azarael should be thanking him for testing map bugs troll2

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 6:19 am

balkanraiser wrote:Yes de facto glitch i saw today as well on pieronshouse map with a tank ( shooting on obj without receiving damage)
what shall i do printscreen and post it here for every de facto glitch :D Than lots of ppl should be banned...
The person who did that yesterday has been kicked or even banned by Izumo, he has seen it.
Also, I have been kicked or even banned for three days (I cant remember) for doing the same thing Bobloblaw did in the picture I posted above. It is glitching, it is unfair (even with the shield) and everyone doing this should be punished, not just me. If nothing will be done, I will start doing the same and after a while everyone will use this glitch and it will end up in a big camp party.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Shihan
V.I.P. Member

Post by Shihan » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 6:22 am

What I find particularly annoying is the glitch in thescorpion race map with teh quick fire deemers at the start (forget the name of it). The scorps can back up to the wall and fire through the wall into the next room with impunity killing people firing the deemers. I thought that glitch had been fixed but it still happens.
------------
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 8:00 am

Actually I don't recall banning for this particular glitch in Skyrais, it became too common (and Baby, you got 3 days for TB abuse). Pierons is a different story.