RACE - HeavenRaceLLS

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE - HeavenRaceLLS

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 28 Oct , 2013 5:42 pm

Hmm, I'll have a mess around later
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 28 Oct , 2013 6:55 pm

Apologies. I've replaced the movers.

File: http://www.mediafire.com/?sm6132crhgdurfm
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 29 Oct , 2013 12:32 pm

Working nicely joinha

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 20 Nov , 2013 6:52 pm

Fixed two issues:

- The original 'bridge bug' has reappeared lately; turns out I didn't check it properly and the encroachment was set to return, not ignore. This has been fixed.

- Sorted out the problems with falling; the map was reliant on the KillZ, and the actual falling volumes were placed below this ... this has been fixed.

There remains one issue that I'm still puzzling over: the xFallingVolume designed to deter an exploit from the Objective 3 route to the Objective 4 route. Obviously it can't stay as it is, because too many raptors are flying into this wall of death (the light makes the lined pattern difficult to see), and I'd like the raptors to stay. So I'm at odds as to what to do. I'm thinking about deleting the volume and forcing players to respawn after Objective 3 (they need to go back to base anyway to access the final track), but of course this also forces any players in the raptor to respawn too (although the spawn time for the raptor means it'll be accessible before the Objective is completed). The route to Objective 3 is no longer accessible after completion. Another way could be to cover up part of the route to Objective 3 to prevent exploitation; I do not like this idea though.

So I need some advice. I'll probably also relocate the raptor spawns into the corresponding spawn areas, to prevent any bottlenecks from occurring.

Edit: Afraid I'm unable to provide a loading screen either; my laptop cannot access a FOV of 106 :(

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 20 Nov , 2013 7:21 pm

Add a hellbender class vertical/sloped blocking volume?

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 20 Nov , 2013 8:15 pm

Would blocking the patch 13 benders block the different patched benders on the server? If so, then I could do this, thanks

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 21 Nov , 2013 7:45 am

set it to block onswheeledcraft. That will cover any wheel based vehicle and nitro vehicles will fall into this catagory.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 22 Nov , 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks for the tip Elfy, I'll use such in future.

Decided to go with the respawn option; I tried to implement the blocking volume, but the area covered was simply too large and densely packed with track, and I didn't really want a cluster of volumes.

Additionally changes: bridge bug fixed; fall volume fixed; relocated the raptors to the roof of the spawn tower, accessible via a teleporter located at the first objective (the original location); and, decided to delete one of the time extensions (30 minutes overall is too long). Tried to fix a part of the final objective track, but it seems to be a light issue so it'll have to stay ... nothing major, just looks a bit funny.

File: https://www.mediafire.com/?bozovvp1poocl82

Again, I can't provide a loadingscreen from my laptop, sorry. I can't even provide a screenshot with the required resolution or FOV :(

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 23 Nov , 2013 9:31 am

Try putting the game in windowed mode. That's what aza reminded me of.

Set the resolution in ut2004.ini and fov and run the game in windowed mode. That should do the trick. When I get a chance i'll make up a txt with all the required settings and you can use the exec command to apply them on the fly for future needs.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 25 Nov , 2013 6:23 pm

Tried, but sadly didn't work. UT isn't stable if I go above 1024 x 768 on this laptop, even when windowed.

Haven't tried the other PC, that'll probably do it. I'll have a go later.