My thoughts...

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Izus

My thoughts...

Post by Izus » Fri 11 Oct , 2013 10:42 pm

Today I've got my 4th ban... or was it 3rd? Never mind, couse now I'm banned permanently, but it's not a point.
I switched to attacking team (using regular button and not with balancer abusement), that was in a first minute of second round. Teams was fair, so I didn't want to switch to a winning guys :) Then I've played for 5-7 minutes, done some objs and... GOT A BAN (for attacking in a second time)! May you next time inform people about a fact, that they are breaking some rules? I've played on this server for 2 or 3 years and didn't even know about that rule, thinking that switching with menu button is fair.
So, I was made to override my ban and continue playing. Sorry for that, but I think, that the ban was really unfair!

P.S. I've read server rules one more time and promise to follow every single line of it. Thanks for your job, team-specs.

WBR, Izus
__
English is DEFINITELY not my native language, so sorry for some mistakes i've made :P .
----
RUSSIANS NEVER SURRENDER! SO THE JEWS TOO =) Guess who am I...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: My thoughts...

Post by Azarael » Sat 12 Oct , 2013 12:21 am

2a) Teamswitching for any reason except to even the balance of the game is forbidden. This includes switching so that you can be on your preferred attack or defense team.

We've long kicked people for attacking twice.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sat 12 Oct , 2013 6:59 am

Some of the rules and some of the admins actions are really stupid indeed.
One time, I still dont know how or why they did it, I had been forced to spectate while I had my UT minimized and when I came back like 5 minutes later and joined again, I joined on the opposite team (ovbiously not knowing on which team I was before). A suspiciously short time later I got a 3 day ban by Socio who was spec as incognito even though I absolutely did nothing but play the game. I got told that there would be a notice in the admin log or something in case some admin was responsible for making me spec but they said there was no notice or proof of it. I think some of the admins in here simply hate me - I dont know why - and that they did it to me on purpose just to piss me of, deleted the log if any or whatever so no other admin would notice.

Same goes for the +1000 deaths penatly I recieved a short time before that initiated (also) by Socio. Did nothing wrong, the admins just hate me or I dont know.

Anyway, what Im trying to say, just ignore them. Youre not the only player getting bans for weird reasons. Some admins do a very poor job regarding responsibility and fairness. There is always a way to bypass a ban / get a new CD key and with it a new identity if really necessary.

On the other hand, if Azarael is responsible for your ban, you should think about what you have done and if you havent crossed a line somewhere. Hes by far the best and most fair admin of them all.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Izus

Post by Izus » Sat 12 Oct , 2013 8:20 am

Azarael wrote:We've long kicked people for attacking twice.
So why I was banned?
----

Izus

Post by Izus » Sat 12 Oct , 2013 8:24 am

Izus wrote:
Azarael wrote:We've long kicked people for attacking twice.
So why I was banned?
Or you mean "long kick=ban"?
----

Izus

Post by Izus » Sat 12 Oct , 2013 8:26 am

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:On the other hand, if Azarael is responsible for your ban.
It looks like I was banned by Gizmo...
----

Izus

Post by Izus » Sat 12 Oct , 2013 8:40 am

So, that's what I think.

My first ban a get, while being passenger in a vehicles, who's driver was glitching... Not very fair, but... Ok.. 3 days...
Second ban was when I was abusing teambalancer, after switching every single PRO-player in one team, leaving me with a bunch of useless noobs (really, that was first time, when I saw that 'special' players on server). 7 days ban... hm... Fair? Not sure, but I was abusing teambalancer, so... I waited...
Now, 14 days ban for using a standard switch? Heh... NO FREAKING WAY! Players almost every single day are doing that, and still playing. I didn't get any notification or smth... Just ban! No, guys, I'll continue playing.
----

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 12 Oct , 2013 9:04 am

Didn't bother to read anything. You're permabanned, end of story, and we'll see who's gonna laugh at the end if you keep evading
;B

Izus

Post by Izus » Sat 12 Oct , 2013 9:57 am

Izumo_CZ wrote:Didn't bother to read anything. You're permabanned, end of story, and we'll see who's gonna laugh at the end if you keep evading
;B
Not smart... sometimes your admins really make a mistakes. And what about laugh - 140 dedicated server all over the world, connected on 100MBit/s, simultaneously downloading data from a server isn't fun at all, I think. Be polite with your players - UT2004 is not a minecraft - players are rare and unique, and some of them really respectful people.
----

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Post by Jiffy » Sat 12 Oct , 2013 10:08 am

Izus wrote:and some of them really respectful people.
"Sure man, sure." - [Stombo]Jester

I don't expect you are thanks to 5 posts in a row. -.-