New PC - New UT install - problem?

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Satin
Disappeared Administrator

New PC - New UT install - problem?

Post by Satin » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 5:18 pm

I'm hoping to get a new PC soon, this will mean reinstalling my UT, until now I've never used a server that keeps stats, will I lose everything or will it still know me.

I'll be installing from the same CD, with the same CD key & then once the patches are done, i'll be dumping my existing UT folder from here to the new PC (so the registry isn't confused) I won't lose any of my settings will I ? or scores, invasion stats etc.

darkelf

Re: New PC - New UT install - problem?

Post by darkelf » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 5:21 pm

Pretty sure you will be fine. Most of the time these mods are set to track player by there cd key or guide.

99 percent sure you will be fine as long as you use the same cd key. Just make sure you back up your user.ini and ut2004.ini so you don't loose any of your settings.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 5:35 pm

Stats on the Invasion are bound to your name so no problem here and about the others server you might get a new LDG ID but that can easily be merged with your previous one.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 5:36 pm

Satin wrote:I'm hoping to get a new PC soon, this will mean reinstalling my UT, until now I've never used a server that keeps stats, will I lose everything or will it still know me.

I'll be installing from the same CD, with the same CD key & then once the patches are done, i'll be dumping my existing UT folder from here to the new PC (so the registry isn't confused) I won't lose any of my settings will I ? or scores, invasion stats etc.
there is a way of keeping your stats. you have to sign in on unreal tournament 2004 which will create an account automatically. Go onto settings - game and click track stats. then fill in the username and password. is you put this into the other computer, it will transfer the stats and any online saves.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 5:46 pm

Satin wrote:I'm hoping to get a new PC soon, this will mean reinstalling my UT, until now I've never used a server that keeps stats, will I lose everything or will it still know me.

You won't loose anything, just in case, make an exact copy of the complete folder in your old PC as backup. The new installation doesn't have all the cache maps and other things like your user.ini files. You can replace the complete content of the folder if you want for the old one, but only necessary the files in system and cache folders for it to have your exact settings. The best is just use your new installation and the old files that are missing. Replace all the *ini files for the old ones. By copy-paste you'll save the downloading again of everything...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 6:48 pm

Definitely save your ini files from the System directory.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 8:17 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:
Satin wrote:...i'll be dumping my existing UT folder from here to the new PC...
Definitely save your ini files from the System directory.
gotta love it when people actually read and understand what others are saying.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 8:59 pm

Skimming isn't a crime.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 9:12 pm

Make a backup of your user.ini and your ut2004.ini, or you'll lose your coloured names.

Fuck it's tragic when that happens.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 10:05 pm

giZmo wrote:Stats on the Invasion are bound to your name so no problem here and about the others server you might get a new LDG ID but that can easily be merged with your previous one.
The RPG stats in invasion rely not only on the name of the player, but also the GUID to prevent account hijacking. But in Satin's case, the GUID will be same due to having the same CD key.