RACE-MushroomKingdom-[E1]

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-MushroomKingdom-[E1]

Post by darkelf » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 5:12 am

Map: RACE-MushroomKingdom-[E1]

(I haven't started work on this yet. I searched ut2004 stats page and found this http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mapstats.php?map=70850
Has any of you tried converting this map? If so can I have it? What was fixed? Why was it taken off server?

Planned Fixes:
-Convert to race
-Make first obj mirrored keeping the wall that was normally triggered after attackers did first obj a permanent wall.
-Make 2nd-20000obj into just one objective that is vehicle based.. (Thinking of putting the trigger for a vehicle right under the huge ? Cube that bender will have to execute a bender charged jump to reach.
-Objective coins turned into a vehicle triggered race path instead of cave for player based touch objective.
-Last obj converted to garage style kinda thing.. may just make it a person stands on trigger which will cause a static mesh ramp to rise up allowing bender to reach top of the flag.

Thats what I plan for now. Hopefully if this will be a project I will start some time this weekend and finish up next week some time.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iZumo

Re: RACE-MushroomKingdom-[E1]

Post by iZumo » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 5:42 am

Wait, I'll upload my half-done work. It has no coins, but the "cubes" can be shot.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 10:12 am

What's wrong with keeping the coins and blocks and just having it a first to grab them wins?

It's not the same without them

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 10:47 am

iRobot wrote:What's wrong with keeping the coins and blocks and just having it a first to grab them wins?

It's not the same without them
Obj 2-2000- My original thought was to try to reduce the amount of free objectives.. But I do see the point with this map it is quite fun. I'll keep them and keep the same idea I have for the final being a bounce bender into final cube instead of shooting it(To give it more of a mario feel). (I'll add some walls to help prevent red side from having exclusive access to 5-7 targets right from spawn)

Obj Coins- Like I said before I plan on keeping the idea. However to keep it more of a race I would like to minimize foot objectives to just the first obj and turn the coin's objective into a track where vehicles need to run over the coins. (Will only know if this is a good or bad thing in a trial play.. Hopefully the idea works out.)

Note: Raptors will be removed. Due to the general dislike for flying vehicles in race maps at the current moment.

Secrets: I'm sure most of you familiar with the map are familiar with the secrets it has. I do plan on keeping said secrets. The one exclusive to just Blue (defenders) behind spawn will be duplicated for Red (Attackers) they will both be complete duplicates but separate from each other to keep to the original concept of only 1 team can be in the area.

I'll do my best to keep all the secrets as long as they are not game play breaking.. Its been a while so I'll see what I think is best.

I haven't started yet(waiting on izumo's map)

So dose anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 11:00 am

My suggestion would be to use the hammer cars from C&C Mario as the vehicles.

Maybe also the BooM! tanks if there is a good place for them.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 11:39 am

I'm going to have a run through the original a bit later and give you some feedback.

One point now though: for the 'secret trials', could it be done via vehicle 'jumps' instead of on foot? Just a thought, I need to run through the map again to see if this has credence!
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 2:47 pm

Do not remove the god damn Raptors. This shit is getting beyond a joke. Stop using the justified anti-Venom sentiment as a stick to beat all air vehicles with. Bender rear turrets are the hard counter in ONS balance to air vehicles, so this whine really must stop.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 4:22 pm

Here it is: http://ut2004.ldg-gaming.eu/izumo/RACE- ... m[REV].zip

I think I already solved the objectives, skybox is fucked up and needs fixing, and some routes too. Raptors are already removed ofc, because I share the general dislike.

Although I could make raptor with EMP
megusta

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 4:42 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Here it is: http://ut2004.ldg-gaming.eu/izumo/RACE- ... m[REV].zip

I think I already solved the objectives, skybox is fucked up and needs fixing, and some routes too. Raptors are already removed ofc, because I share the general dislike.

Although I could make raptor with EMP
megusta
Add the Ballist raptor

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 5:29 pm

Azarael wrote:Do not remove the god damn Raptors. This shit is getting beyond a joke. Stop using the justified anti-Venom sentiment as a stick to beat all air vehicles with. Bender rear turrets are the hard counter in ONS balance to air vehicles, so this whine really must stop.

Wow hold the rage.. I was just doing this cause I thought this was the rule now...

If your all ok with me leaving the raptor in I would very much so prefer to do just that! I was only removing them cause I thought I had to!