RACE-MushroomKingdom-[E1]

For posting your maps.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-MushroomKingdom-[E1]

Post by iZumo » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 5:34 pm

There is no rule to remove raptors, only other (stronger) aircrafts are on hold, because poor reception. As you seen the poll, Raptor is loved. There is also no rule to add raptors. It's simply up to you.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 5:37 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:There is no rule to remove raptors, only other (stronger) aircrafts are on hold, because poor reception. As you seen the poll, Raptor is loved. There is also no rule to add raptors. It's simply up to you.

Ah ok! Thanks for clearing that up!

Consider raptors left in!

Sorry Aza.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 6:15 pm

Azarael wrote:Do not remove the god damn Raptors. This shit is getting beyond a joke. Stop using the justified anti-Venom sentiment as a stick to beat all air vehicles with. Bender rear turrets are the hard counter in ONS balance to air vehicles, so this whine really must stop.
Lag makes it hard to shoot air vehicles with Hellbenders.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 6:20 pm

Good thing that lag is ignored for balance purposes.

Anyway, I won't join the map just for Raptors (they're still completely shit and directly countered by hellbenders, sorry, but it just shows the attitude around here), just felt I had to step in here.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 8:00 pm

Azarael wrote:Anyway, I won't join the map just for Raptors (they're still completely shit and directly countered by hellbenders, sorry, but it just shows the attitude around here), just felt I had to step in here.
Yeah but that's the point - no annoyance.
trollface

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 12:42 pm

Map: RACE-T_MushroomKingdom-[E1]

Credits: Tsumetai (Original map maker), Izumo(Converted to LDG Race Mod) and dark_elf (finished conversion, revamped map)

Change Log:
-Blocking volumes have been placed around map to prevent exploiting with nitro vehicles (All blocking volumes are visible with same concept as amazingeggrace)
-Triggered physics volumes have been placed at beginning of tracks to different objs to prevent people skipping to next objectives.
-Obj 1 has been mirrored so both teams can jump there way up the mushrooms to push objective.
-Secrets where all kept. As mentioned before the water secret has been mirrored (one for red and one for blue identical but separated)
-Lot of random teleporters that are no longer need along with track on cube destroy obj was removed.
-Coin obj has been turned into a road course where you need to be in vehicle to collect coins. (This might be subject to change will need to see it in play to see if this was a good idea or bad.)
-Final obj has a ramp to reach the top of the flag that is triggered by a player climbing up the blocks and stand on the last block to trigger ramp. (Note: I suck with movers and for the life of me I can't get it set up just right vehicles at speed drive right through it.. If someone would be so kind as to point out my mistake that would be just wonderful! Been mapping 7 hours straight so that might be why I'm going brain dead atm.)
-Few other minor fixes. I'll let the pics speak.
-Raptor or cicada.. to be honest I'm not sure atm has been included with this map.

Screenshots:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/krsl1 ... BE1%5D.zip

[Edited] Cause I'm an idiot. Can't spell. Can't copy and paste. Tired.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 12:53 pm

Looks good.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 2:47 pm

I wasn't able to play through it (missing a couple of files), but I've gone through it on the editor. It looks really good. My only concern, as we spoke earlier, is the coin objectives and whether players may rage on about the linearity (I had a similar system on the 666 race and they were not happy). But I guess wait and gauge their opinions - I like them though.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 2:56 pm

Perhaps put the coins on the edges of the road, on little paths, so you cant just drive and claim them all in a straight line.

Or maybe add several roads and split the coins between them, kinda like the first obj on eggrais

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 3:26 pm

iRobot wrote:Perhaps put the coins on the edges of the road, on little paths, so you cant just drive and claim them all in a straight line.

Or maybe add several roads and split the coins between them, kinda like the first obj on eggrais
Yah I was considering putting some holes about to make it a bit more challenging to get some of the coins. But with benders shooting I'm hesitating to do it just incase its going to be a spam house and be challenging all in its own.

Really need to see it with about 10 or more players to see how it plays out.