RACE-RainbowRace

For posting your maps.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE - NetherRace

Post by iZumo » Tue 24 Dec , 2013 8:57 am

Can you post your logfile? Because UTComp_xPlayer only crashes you when you try using "showall" command
trollface

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 24 Dec , 2013 1:26 pm

Unfortunately I didn't keep it. However I can tell you we were 4 on the server and nobody could join the map and we all crashed every time we tried. And I never used showall. I'll try to crash again... later.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 25 Dec , 2013 9:13 pm

Fixed version: https://www.mediafire.com/?4c81b9jt365u5jc

Everything that should not be visible is now not visible ...
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 26 Dec , 2013 7:23 am

I noticed you still haven't set the eye candy (Tree's/Mushrooms) to have no collision so players can't stand on them. Granted it may not be to much concern. I'm just worried it might give unfair advantage to camping in vulnerable spots. Time will tell how this may effect game play.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 26 Dec , 2013 9:19 am

Not sure what's going on there; I set Actors and Karma to false but they still block. Not sure how much of an advantage it will give to be honest, as I seem to either slip out when I jump in or end up stuck facing away from the track. Bit of a bummer though.

Unless, of course, I've failed yet again ... :?
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 26 Dec , 2013 9:43 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Not sure what's going on there; I set Actors and Karma to false but they still block. Not sure how much of an advantage it will give to be honest, as I seem to either slip out when I jump in or end up stuck facing away from the track. Bit of a bummer though.

Unless, of course, I've failed yet again ... :?
Got to set the other things to false as well (bBlockNonZeroExtentTraces bBlockZeroExtentTraces)
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 26 Dec , 2013 10:22 am

Ah, ok. My mistake. We'll see how things go, it seems easy enough to fix if necessary!

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 12:23 am

Just played it online and I really hate to say it but.. This map needs a huge nerf..

I hate nerfs but.. its needed.

Couldn't even get 10% of the path of an obj before facing unbeatable odds. (rox and shock spam at choke points). Basically making this map a first one to get to the lead without being blasted away by the general population gets obj. While the rest just do the first 10% of track over and over and get camped to death until the lucky lead car gets obj.

Best recommendation I can think of without losing to much of the fun aspect of fighting and racing..

1. Make all vehicles atlas stinger. Weapon lockers with linkgun, mini gun only.

2. Remove atlas. Make all vehicles scorp emp. Weapon lockers with linkgun, mini gun only.

3. Remove atlas. Make all vehicles Hellbender. Weapon lockers with linkgun, minigun, flak and bio.

Out of the three ideas I prefer 1 and 3.. would only do 2 as last option...

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 1:30 am

Hmmm I'd prefer 2. But whatever you choose, don't put atlas. I don't know if hellbenders could fit in this map... There is a lot of jumps which can be taken and saved "easily" if failed in a scorp but bender is less flexible and you can be shot anytime. Same goes for Atlas... But what's the problem? Quantum spam? Or other weapons spam? If it's a weapons problem, just remove them. I've never played it with a high playercount so I can't tell.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 7:00 am

bOnO wrote:Hmmm I'd prefer 2. But whatever you choose, don't put atlas. I don't know if hellbenders could fit in this map... There is a lot of jumps which can be taken and saved "easily" if failed in a scorp but bender is less flexible and you can be shot anytime. Same goes for Atlas... But what's the problem? Quantum spam? Or other weapons spam? If it's a weapons problem, just remove them. I've never played it with a high playercount so I can't tell.
It was what I feared would happen with weapons. Soon as players fail or get shot off they tend to want to stay so they will hide there selves in choke points like the landing of a blind jump and shoot incoming cars.

Granted this is a perfectly ok scenario and is fine. It's just rainbow race has at least 10-15 choke points vs how most maps with this style of weaponry have maybe 2-5.

Maybe we got a bit to optimistic with this new lay out. Its a much wider track now so we thought adding weapons would work. But with a player count of 14 or more it becomes a spam fest. Soon people will be raging and just camp cars coming out of spawn with shock rifle like fire axis track.

I really don't want to make this just another trials emp map. I like the atlas idea cause that has a infinite shield that constantly recharges vs hell bender which only gets 3. That and the atlas requires a bit of skill and timing for long shots with its stinger rear gun. Could add another option.

Stinger atlas primary vehicle, web launcher scorp 4x per team. Weapon locker link, mini and bio.