Adim Abuse

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Spin

Re: Adim Abuse

Post by Spin » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 8:52 pm

Well I understand how Michie feels and yes sometimes admins just abuse their powers for no reason. However Michie shouldn't react like rejected teenage girl.

I think oska muted me twice(not sure though) for a comment. I didn't even knew he was admin or mod or whatever. I thought he was using mute function every player can use.

But Michie is right, some of admins are sub-par. I understand it's hard to get someone who is on same wavelenght as Aza or Izumo or Mecha, so try to go with the flow. Just leave them alone and they wont' mute/kick/ban you.

Michie, some of them got the powers they don't know from real life and they will seek for an opportunity to use them. Don't give them the reason and you'll be fine.

Biggest problem is that admins will mute or kick only when something is directed at them. I can tell Michie or JAM or Horror or Aza to suck my dick, but I can't say same to Gizmo or Oska or that russian girl.

I believe we sometimes forget that this is only a game. Nothing what we we do here will change our personal life.

@Michie
Did Adim abuse you as a child?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 8:52 pm

Spin wrote:I think oska muted me twice
Ban oska for abusing his powers.

omg

Spin

Post by Spin » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 9:00 pm

iRobot wrote:
Spin wrote:I think oska muted me twice
Ban oska for abusing his powers.

omg
OMG, you missuderstood it. I THINK he did it. I don't talk that much in game to even notice it. I just remember he said it. I don't give a fuck if he does it every game.

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Pinky » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 9:55 pm

Spin wrote:OMG, you missuderstood it. I THINK he did it. I don't talk that much in game to even notice it. I just remember he said it. I don't give a fuck if he does it every game.
Do you honestly think that someone gave Öska the power to mute, kick, or ban???

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 10:47 pm

Yes I muted you Spin because you are being excessively aggressive towards me. But as far as I know I'm NOT an admin so the ONLY way I have to stop reading you is to press F8 and block you, which I did.

Regarding Spin's hate for me/gizmo/eiforia I would say that's it's totally unjustified. You can tell me as much as you want to suck your dick (and you already did) and all I will do is being sorry for you and mute you on my side. AFAIK gizmo or eiforia are admins and:
Rules wrote:4a) Respect the admins, moderators and everybody else if you want to be taken serious.
so face the consequences of you behaviour.

One last point who personally bothers me:
Spin wrote:that russian girl
You might be a 50ish yo male from Slovakia but you personal feelings regarding Russia and the former USSR should not affect your behaviour on that forum. You perfectly know that "that russian girl" has a nickname (Eiforia FYI) so feel free to use it.

IMHO the use of "Heil" regarding the Third Reich or your expression "that russian girl" are on the save level of Hate regarding one part of the world population and should be avoided here.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 10:48 pm

I have to find myself agreeing somewhat on Oska's last point: "that russian girl" is pretty dismissive.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 11:22 pm

Michie's first mute was aiming to make him understand how annoying his constant "fag/faggot" harrasment is. He should just be glad that it was a session mute and not a three days mute for annoyance.

Regarding Michie's second mute I do admit that I've acted without other reason that being free from his nasty chats and his sexual harassment towards women for example ( which I personally saw many times). Always the same. All admins just warn him. Nothing else. And he continues his crap talk.

"That Russian girl"? Spin please. Problem is in that I'm girl or that I'm from Russia? Here I agree with Oska's opinion.

"Never put a girl in charge. Rule of the world guys. She's cool but still a girl..." - Michie about me.
So I guess the problem is not tht he was session muted but because I did it. I'm more than sure that if it was Aza for example he would say nothing.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Spin

Post by Spin » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 11:44 pm

Oh my

@Pinky

I'm pretty sure I saw yesterday [webadmin GrrrrrOeska] or something like that. I don't know if someone else logged under false name or if he is webadmin nor I don't know what kind of powers does webadmin get. TBH I don't want to think anyone would give him this ability.

@Aza

dismissive - I had to look what this mean. - Showing indifference or disregard
That is exactly what I meant. And let me explain why. That person has never shown anything that would contribute to LDG. Even when that person was not admin(or whaterver), she never helped new players on server, usually answering to any question from newbies with ALT+F4. I even contacted Gizmo once on this matter. OFC he did jack and all I accomplished was to get gizmo on my back. I remeber this like it was yesterday:

Someone said to TRG: Darling
Gizmo: She is MY Darling
I quoted late Lou Reed with: she was everybody's darling.
Even in next post I said it's a line from a song, but I was kicked from server.
Aza's resonse was: Kicking people for no reason. I'm not impressed.
After that I never spoke to her or gizmo(I did thank him on several occasions, where he answered my question to community). And this is where indifference comes from.
Perhaps you will find some similarities to Michies post where he said that admins to be respected need to gain recpect from players....
Oh and just to be fair. Gizmo always said he is guarding her becase she is female. Well bollocks. Other girls on server never got same protection.

@ Oska
1st see what I wrote to pinky. 2nd see what I wrote to Robot. To summarize: I don't know if you are admin or not, I don't know if you muted me for yourself or on server and I don't give a shit. And about "excessively aggressive" perhaps aza can read logs from a week ago and decide if this is true. I'm pretty sure you were whining about something being OP and I told you to STFU. If it was personal mute or server mute I really don't give a shit.
However I actually don't feel hate toward you(or gizmo or TRG), I was actually teasing you. If it was too aggresive I apologize.

As for 4a) Respect the admins, moderators and everybody else if you want to be taken serious.

I have never and I repeat never disrespected any admin or mod or anyone else. I joke a lot and Aza was mostly my target, with names, but I respected when he asked me to stop. The other person I usually mock is Miche, who I was trying to protect......
so face the consequences of you behaviour.
And what might those consequences be????? Dude I's a game.
You might be a 50ish yo male from Slovakia but you personal feelings regarding Russia and the former USSR should not affect your behaviour on that forum. You perfectly know that "that russian girl" has a nickname (Eiforia FYI) so feel free to use it.

IMHO the use of "Heil" regarding the Third Reich or your expression "that russian girl" are on the save level of Hate regarding one part of the world population and should be avoided here.
Ok Oska, now you are insulting me. But I will give you benefit of the doubt.
1. I'm 40 yo.
2. Slovenia, not Slovakia
2.a We(as a nation) have none and I mean NONE feelings toward former USSR or Russia or Moldova or any part of former USSR.
3. I know her nick. I just choose not to use it. It is my right. If you can't sleep because of it, well I'm sorry.
4. "Heil..." has NOTHING to do with my dissrespect to certain person no matter from where she come. There are couple of Russians on server and I have no problems with them. (See 2.a) Your HO is just way off here.

Spin

Post by Spin » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 11:53 pm

Eiforia wrote:
"That Russian girl"? Spin please. Problem is in that I'm girl or that I'm from Russia? Here I agree with Oska's opinion.
Neither is meant as an insult.

Like Michie said. Respect does not come with function, it has to be earned.

You are a long way away from that.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 11:58 pm

"Gizmo always said he is guarding her becase she is female. Well bollocks. Other girls on server never got same protection."

Looks like my main problem is tht I'm a female. Lol.
Spin please, he never protected me because of my gender.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael