RACE-VyperRace

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-VyperRace

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 19 Dec , 2013 10:41 pm

This is the final map I really wanted to convert to Race. The original version was made by Ratchet.:LLS:. (the creator of MinecraftRace); I've retextured and relit the entire map, as the original didn't look all that pretty, and replaced sections of the track to increase the difficulty. Not sure how familiar players will be with the original, as I believe it was only online for a few months in 2009.

3 Objectives: First has a few jumps and movers, whilst the second and third are fairly straightforward. All require teammates to complete.

File: https://www.mediafire.com/?e5vfsl093j37j1g (there's a texture file accompanying the map file).

“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Re: RACE-VyperRace

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 20 Dec , 2013 11:26 am

Ooops, failed again with the objectives ...

Fixed: https://www.mediafire.com/?dksd2jxe9om59ue

Having run through it again, I'll probably end up making objectives 2 and 3 more challenging (or more engaging, with a few more obstacles as opposed to jumps and movers) some time in the future. Parts of it (particulary the run to objective 3) look a bit bare.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 05 Jan , 2014 5:48 pm

Update: https://www.mediafire.com/?qsr3riwiogwosb4

Just general maintenence. We managed to establish which parts of the track were dodgy, so these have been deleted/changed. The confusing non-jump from 1st to 2nd has been blocked off properly to prevent any unintentional glitching. Plus I've updated the orientation arrows and added a few more boxes here and there (mostly on route to objective 3).

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 4:19 pm

The block for the jump from 1st to 2nd doesn't work, I just went through it (ok . You also should make it higher because it's already been glitched (sit on the mover and jump above the wall on foot...) Also there are too many arrows now, leave a part of thinking please :lol:
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 4:51 pm

Heh, I'm an idiot. The blocks I put in place were in the original map to stop walking to the old objectives, and they don't block karma ... I'll just stick a blocking volume in instead.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 9:00 pm

Update: https://www.mediafire.com/?j7xwf48x1md6ech

Issues should now be fixed.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 28 Jan , 2014 4:37 pm

Final version (hopefully): https://www.mediafire.com/?bsdtc0v817svd8u

Rerouted the track to stop all the jump confusion. Also fixed teleporters.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 3:59 pm

The floating light static mesh causes vehicles to randomly stop and fall off.. Recommend lowering it so its not floating and set it to have no collision.

Also the small beams that go over lava entering obj 1 area seem a bit pointless and causes team kill in high amounts. Recommend just making it a normal track there instead of a lava pit.

Lastly I'm sure some may not like it but there is no need for secrets. It confuses players. Maybe just leave the lg/deemer other then that no need.

Oh also the lava fog color hahah!
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 07 Feb , 2014 6:35 pm

I shall fix. The lighting also needs to be changed.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 08 Feb , 2014 2:09 pm

Fixed: https://www.mediafire.com/?bsdtc0v817svd8u

Changed all you suggested. Most of the secrets (the teleporters) have been deleted, but I have left two in. Also changed the lava settings, with regards to the lighting, and blocked up that false wall near the final objective.

It's not a great map, but it's enjoyable.