UT crashing

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: UT crashing

Post by Butcher » Thu 30 Jan , 2014 4:32 pm

Done, lets see what happens now with the crashing...
question:
I recall to see the cross hairs in that menu under the console->ballistic
This is a totally different menu, is there some other menu?
I know these two only:
console->mymenu
console->ballistic
and for the stats:
console->BWstats

is there anymore we could benefit from?
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 30 Jan , 2014 5:05 pm

Crosshairs were removed from BallisticPro.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 31 Jan , 2014 11:36 am

Azarael wrote:Disable the Weapon UI
I did that, nonetheless, I need the weapon UI in invasion to select the weapons, specially when I have many after a weapon locker. I do not use key binds because I play with a Joystick or an orbweaver and not a KB. So after some 5 mins I had to turn it on again...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 31 Jan , 2014 4:36 pm

Hah, weaponlockers bypass carrying restrictions intended to solve this exact problem. Looks like I'm going to have to fix that...

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 31 Jan , 2014 5:07 pm

Azarael wrote:Hah, weaponlockers bypass carrying restrictions intended to solve this exact problem. Looks like I'm going to have to fix that...
;"( b-b-but we all like to have all the weapons available when possible... is the only game we are not restricted to one choice, when there are so many cool choices... and in contrast to BW server 1, the weapons perform far better and no "monster" will say you are OP....
;"( please don't restrict it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 31 Jan , 2014 6:41 pm

You're a coder, right? This is an infinite recursion crash caused by too many inventory items, of which weapons and their ammunition are both types. You can do one of three things:

1) Disable the weapon UI and start scrolling
2) Have it fixed
3) Crash for all eternity

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 31 Jan , 2014 7:51 pm

Azarael wrote:You're a coder, right? This is an infinite recursion crash caused by too many inventory items, of which weapons and their ammunition are both types. You can do one of three things:

1) Disable the weapon UI and start scrolling
2) Have it fixed
3) Crash for all eternity
Ok, you are right... we can agree in a fixing compromise, lets say, 6 weapons max per slot of the 10 slots. The most amount of weapons are stacked in the pistols and in the melee, which in invasion are kind of useless, except if you dual wield (reloading sucks though). But is pretty useful to have the others ^^ , I really use a wide variety of them according to the situation...
or
4) I may throw all the non-used items while playing (melee & pistols)... now that I know the cause D:

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Sun 16 Feb , 2014 11:36 pm

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1636 MHz with 4020MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M (8916)

CreateCubeTexture failed(8007000E).

History: FD3DTexture::Cache <- FD3DRenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetShaderMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- DM-RatSlums-Ripper-beta.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level RatSlums with Ripper beta 2 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

some textures are failing... same error several times

reload

Post by reload » Mon 17 Feb , 2014 1:28 am

Wow butcher you play freon with a joystick? O=

I'm impressed.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 17 Feb , 2014 1:15 pm

reload wrote:Wow butcher you play freon with a joystick? O=

I'm impressed.
off topic... yap, joystick my fingers and wrist hurt with the keyboard, and started having some tendinitis in the mouse hand after many years. I did also changed hands, you know mouse left and kb right, but my new mouse has buttons for the right handed, and joysticks are also right handed, so I changed back to those. But for invasion I play with an Orbweaver, because I need more buttons than what I have with the Joystick. Nonetheless, I move swifter and fluid with the joystick, so is nicer for Freon...
It's funny, but I also play standing, not sitting. I set my monitor a bit higher than my eyes at the wall to be standing straight, set a table (ironing table to be specific) for the mouse at standing height (I use some CD cases for the mouse pad to be high enough), and play standing. This is better than sitting and crawling against the desk in a bad position. This can be achieved only with the joystick though ^^ . Ahh, and I use wireless headphones, pretty neat... the controllers are wired because of the connection speed...
It is very comfortable after a while... as always you need to adapt :mrgreen: