admins

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Oska
The wise man

Re: admins

Post by Oska » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 1:55 am

I was not shitting up anything before you talked to me. Complaining because someone changed your name, slapped you or anything minor is just ridiculous. Just like Jester I was giving my opinion.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 1:56 am

You said you agreed with Jester, who cited countless examples of low-level abuse, some of which I consider majorly game affecting (minimize/maximize and being slapped).

I'll state openly that I think the only reason you are in this thread is because you are partisan, and that if Jester had reported that I had been doing any of that to players, you'd take an entirely different view.

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 1:58 am

'vendetta, 'defendind friends'.. Giving our point of view is so bad ? Changing name makes you unable to play ? Aza please..

Only max./min. etc... makes you unable to play until you ask for it to stop..

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 2:01 am

Azarael wrote:some of which I consider majorly game affecting (minimize/maximize and being slapped).
game affecting (minimize/maximize and being slapped).
(minimize/maximize and being slapped).
Reading comprehension, Jester. I've no suggestion of bias on your part.

Let me put this another way. We ban people (once for 3 days, now for 1 day) for ruining someone else's game by manipulating the teambalancer to force them to switch teams. You think that administrators ruining the game by slapping people who are trying to play around and minimizing / maximizing them deserve no sanction? That's utterly inconsistent.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 2:02 am

Azarael wrote:and that if Jester had reported that I had been doing any of that to players, you'd take an entirely different view.
Nope, I wouldn't even care either. Because nobody gives a shit if your name is changed or not, if you are slapped or not. Today Pinky slapped me because he can. He was probably craving for attention. Oh wait..

Who cares for fuck sake.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 2:03 am

I notice you avoided mentioning minimize/maximize.

And while you personally may not give a shit, some people do, and they have a reasonable expectation that no admin abuse, however minor you may think it is, will occur. It's as simple as this for the admins, who are supposed to be more responsible people by nature: don't fucking abuse.

And as I recall, you raged like shit when I stacked the last round of that Highlander game, so don't come here acting as if you're so above the abusive actions of others. You are not.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 2:07 am

I have never experienced min/max windows & I have never heard of it before either.
Although, since you are talking about abuses, one admin once opened my browser on the http://gaylord.com/ website. That's what I call an abuse.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 2:08 am

Azarael wrote:I notice you avoided mentioning minimize/maximize.

And while you personally may not give a shit, some people do, and they have a reasonable expectation that no admin abuse, however minor you may think it is, will occur. It's as simple as this for the admins, who are supposed to be more responsible people by nature: don't fucking abuse.
Yet it happens Aza . Whats done about it ? Adim Abuse .Do Tell .Im not taking any side. Just wondering
Last edited by Michie on Tue 18 Feb , 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 2:09 am

I'm onphone, can't refresh and write at the same time so sorry for that (btw, it's my last message until tomorrow because I'm tired).

I just don't care about being slapped or others things as this because it'll be just one time before it's stopped. I just care about mute/kick or ban without a reson. Why ? Simple, admins here are not so childish as on some others servers (my brother had been banned for life on an ONS server because the admin wanted his vehicle) so that attitude won't stay so longer

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 2:12 am

@Oska: He means windowed/fullscreen. You can do this via commandonplayering a person with either togglefullscreen or setres WxHxB[w/f]. You can fake a minimize by specifying an extremely small resolution in setres.
@Michie: Not a lot.
@Jester: It shouldn't happen at all. It's just needless showing off. While other servers may have extremely corrupt scum admins, their existence doesn't excuse our own faults.