USA Server

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: USA Server

Post by iZumo » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 2:56 am

Content would have to be 100% mirrored. Settings is always per server. Honestly I myself am way too busy until I return back to CZ.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 3:16 am

Azarael wrote:The weapon balance would have to be consistent between servers. I don't have the old balance, I'm not prepared to support older unbalanced versions and I don't think it will be good for anyone if weapons handle differently on two different servers.
Aza I know you put a lot of thought and work into weapons.. I give you Respect on your effort 110%. If you Cant Support older Balanced game who can ? Im looking for what you all have kind of missed out on .Fun part of the game. I don't Agree with weapon balance what so ever. If this happens it cool. If not learn from your own mistakes. I wont pass on a game that is not fun. With all due Respect.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 4:45 am

If you seriously believe my own balance is that bad (and you should probably consider your own position here, because you're one of 7 players on the spammer list), you're more than welcome to use standard Ballistic, but such a server wouldn't be supported by us.

I have a feeling that if I were to press for further information, it would be along the lines of "muh hamr", "muh ping balance" and "muh defense weapons", so I won't. Unbalance the game to serve your own needs by buffing the weapons you like and you'll soon realise that the better players will start whoring those weapons and killing you just the same - the only thing that's changed is that they're forced to kill you with the weapons you buffed. Meanwhile, if you make the weapons easy to use with a low skillcap, all the noobs will be using the same weapons as the better players. So, all you'll accomplish by that strategy is to have an unskilled game in which the entire server is whoring a couple of weapons - which is exactly what standard Ballistic is and exactly what BallisticPro was created to get away from. There is simply no way that you can buff weapons for yourself and not have others latch onto them. Nothing exists in a nice convenient vacuum like that.

There's already a US server running standard Ballistic, so why not just play there?

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 5:14 am

Azarael wrote:If you seriously believe my own balance is that bad (and you should probably consider your own position here, because you're one of 7 players on the spammer list), you're more than welcome to use standard Ballistic, but such a server wouldn't be supported by us.

I have a feeling that if I were to press for further information, it would be along the lines of "muh hamr", "muh ping balance" and "muh defense weapons", so I won't.
Spamming is cause of ping. more Defence then anything. We play to ping on Your server..Im a spammer cause I improvise .Its called Team player. Something Skill system has forgotten about .We have Elite / Pros just kicking the asses out of others .You guys all having fun ? Reason Being your numbers have dropped. Sometimes old school is better. Just my Thoughts. Im looking for better things in Order is all. Peace

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 5:16 am

There are always going to be better players than others, and for some players, the reason they're bad is because they point blank refuse to use the aim key. It's incredibly frustrating to see that.

Oh, and there exists a switch (pktlag) which can be used to lag your own client when playing online, thus perfectly replicating what it's like to play on LDG from America. I might well play some with it on, since the skill system is disabled.

Also, have a look at "A Bad Ass Server", it might well be what you want.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 9:30 am

I would be on board with help supporting this usa server(it it came to be). However I would very much so like to see an invasion server with default ut2004 weapons or frag house invasion weapons. Although I'm not really sure how others would feel about such a thing.. Pretty sure most ldg players are ballistic weapon addicts ;"( . I really would like to play some invasion with ldg client base just not with ballistic weapons.

As far as a racing usa server. I doubt that would ever do well. I hosted a few usa racing severs years ago when ut2004 racing was insanely popular and they never really did go well. You think Americans complaining about ping is bad LOL .. You should see how other countries handle it... wow.. just WOW! Sadly only racing servers I have ever seen that get used frequently are servers hosted in Europe.

Note: I am not bashing ballistic weapons. Its just not my thing.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 3:37 pm

You said there already a Ballistic Server in the US ? Never noticed it myself .Do you know the name of it ?

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 3:39 pm

Michie, read again:
Azarael wrote:Also, have a look at "A Bad Ass Server", it might well be what you want.
look in: http://www.abadassserver.com/
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

reload

Post by reload » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 1:54 am

darkelf wrote:I would be on board with help supporting thisusa server(it it came to be). However I would very much so like to see an invasion server with default ut2004 weapons or frag house invasion weapons. Although I'm not really sure how others would feel about such a thing.. Pretty sure most ldg players are ballistic weapon addicts ;"( . I really would like to play some invasion with ldg client base just not with ballistic weapons.

As far as a racing usa server. I doubt that would ever do well. I hosted a few usa racing severs years ago when ut2004 racing was insanely popular and they never really did go well. You think Americans complaining about ping is bad LOL .. You should see how other countries handle it... wow.. just WOW! Sadly only racing servers I have ever seen that get used frequently are servers hosted in Europe.

Note: I am not bashing ballistic weapons. Its just not my thing.
The invasion server has enhanced weapons which is pretty much the same thing.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 2:19 am

reload wrote:The invasion server has enhanced weapons which is pretty much the same thing.
It's being changed back to normal weapons now.